What is the Inverse Fourier Transform of (3jw+9)/((jw)^2+6jw+8)?

In summary, the problem is to find the inverse Fourier of F(w) = (3jw+9)/((jw)^2+6jw+8), where w is the angular frequency. The suggested method is to use the properties of the Fourier transform and the exponential Fourier pair. The attempt at a solution involved factoring the denominator, but the roots did not cancel out. The conversation ended with the realization that the nominator can be broken into simple fractions, allowing for the use of the exponential Fourier pair.
atrus_ovis

Homework Statement

(part of a problem)
Find the inverse Fourier of F(w) = (3jw+9)/((jw)^2+6jw+8)
where w is the angular frequency, w=2pi * f = 2*pi/T

Homework Equations

The fourier transfrom and its properties i guess.
Also the exponential FT common pair exp(-at)u(t) <-> 1/(jw+a)
where exp is the exponential function and u(t) the unit step function

The Attempt at a Solution

I factored out the denominator in a hope that the 3jw+9 would cancel out with a possible root of jw=-3 , but the roots are -2 and -4.
I've been trying to separate F into a product of easy transformable parts, to take advantage of the convolution property : x(t) [convolve] f(t) = X(w)F(w) , but i can't get rid of the nominator to apply the exponential Fourier pair.
Any hints?

Physics news on Phys.org
If the nominator was a constant, i could break it into simple fractions.
Can you do it if it's not a constant?

^
Ah,nevermind, you can.
case closed.

Related to What is the Inverse Fourier Transform of (3jw+9)/((jw)^2+6jw+8)?

What is an inverse fourier transform?

An inverse fourier transform is a mathematical operation that takes a frequency domain signal and converts it back into a time domain signal. It is the opposite of a fourier transform, which converts a time domain signal into a frequency domain signal.

Why is an inverse fourier transform important?

An inverse fourier transform is important because it allows us to analyze signals in both the time and frequency domains. This is useful in many fields, including engineering, physics, and signal processing, as it helps us better understand and manipulate signals.

How is an inverse fourier transform calculated?

An inverse fourier transform is calculated using a mathematical formula or algorithm. In general, it involves integrating the frequency domain signal over all frequencies and multiplying by a complex exponential function.

What is the difference between an inverse fourier transform and a fourier transform?

The main difference between an inverse fourier transform and a fourier transform is the direction in which the signal is transformed. An inverse fourier transform converts a frequency domain signal into a time domain signal, while a fourier transform converts a time domain signal into a frequency domain signal.

What are some real-world applications of the inverse fourier transform?

The inverse fourier transform has many real-world applications, including signal processing, image and audio compression, and magnetic resonance imaging. It is also used in fields such as telecommunications, astronomy, and data analysis.