What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 758K views
I voted remain and have worked on both sides of the channel. I'm old enough to remember when the UK car industry was a joke. Loss making despite heavy government support. Then we joined the EU and reduced corporate taxes to attract inward investment. Japanese car companies decided the UK was a good place to build cars that could be exported all over Europe. Nissan, Honda and Toyota all set up factories here to make cars, engines or both. Now we export thousands of cars all over Europe. Parts for these make upto seven channel crossings before they are assembled into finished cars. I'm sure car companies will continue to make current models in the UK but the future of new models depends on what sort of trade deal we can do with the EU.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
A slight consolations n on knowing websites collect data about us. .I have been getting ads about appartments 'Starting at $3.8 million only'. So I guess their profile of me is at least a bit of.
 
Actually, I was trying to figure out what the profile was a "bit of" but sure, let's go with billions. :oldtongue:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix
My son has some Iron Man shampoo. It comes in a bottle shaped like the torso and head of Iron Man's armour. Its delicate floral scent was... unexpected.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
While on super heros... I was explaining to my son yesterday that Spiderman was a bit odd. I mean he's always turning his wrists up and wears a gimp mask.
 
Borg said:
Actually, I was trying to figure out what the profile was a "bit of" but sure, let's go with billions. :oldtongue:
Well, I am not sure precisely what, but something from what they have collected about me has led them to believe I am a millionaire/billionaire.
 
WWGD said:
Well, I am not sure precisely what, but something from what they have collected about me has led them to believe I am a millionaire/billionaire.
Probably your apartment on the 5th Avenue. :cool:
 
WWGD said:
Well, I am not sure precisely what, but something from what they have collected about me has led them to believe I am a millionaire/billionaire.
Maybe you have a millionaire neighbour who is stealing your wifi?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and nuuskur
fresh_42 said:
Probably your apartment on the 5th Avenue. :cool:
Not even on Fim Strasse (Fifth Street)
 
Hey baby, what is the square root of one minus your cosine squared (## sin \theta= \sqrt{ 1-cos^2 \theta} ##)? Or Baby, what is the imaginary part or your polar representation ( ## cos \theta + isin \theta ##)
 
WWGD said:
Hey baby, what is the square root of one minus your cosine squared (## sin \theta= \sqrt{ 1-cos^2 \theta} ##)? Or Baby, what is the imaginary part or your polar representation ( ## cos \theta + isin \theta ##)
##\pi\mathrm{sces}##
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
Ibix said:
##\pi\mathrm{sces}##

Choices:
Ibix:=Puns Galore or a Pun Machine, keeps its motors clean (Sorry to put you on the spot)?
EDIT: I , clearly am not a pun machine myself, or would have come out with something better.
 
Last edited:
TV Tropes suggests "pungeon master".

Alternatively, I was awake at 3am and stupid comments are all I'm capable of at that time.
 
Puns De Leon? Follows from Puntryagin principle.
 
WWGD said:
Puns De Leon? Follows from Puntryagin principle.
Actually came to me while sleeping. Arguably the closest I will ever come to a revelation or religious experience.
 
I just saw a picture from Wacken (1827 citizens) taken by a helicopter, or a drone. 80,000 people living in tents on some farmers' land in the middle of nowhere is quite impressive.

I miss Lemmy.

all_faces-01.jpg
 
Attachments
  • all_faces-01.jpg
    all_faces-01.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
So, freshmeister, why don't you attend and let us know?
 
WWGD said:
So, freshmeister, why don't you attend and let us know?
I have not the slightest idea how to get a ticket. Have you read the sold out times?
"Remarkably, all 75,000 tickets were sold out within 48 hours for 2014, 12 hours for 2015, and 23 hours for 2016, despite the fact that the lineup (with the exception of rumors or headliners) had not been announced. Including 2019, the festival was sold out fifteen times in a row."

But I'm also too old for mud, cows and tents.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephenk53
I just downed 32oz of warm water containing two heap teaspoons of sea salt to cleanse my colon. This is how I broke my 16 hour intermittent fast, 10 minutes ago.

Things are about to get real.
 
skyshrimp said:
I just downed 32oz of warm water containing two heap teaspoons of sea salt to cleanse my colon. This is how I broke my 16 hour intermittent fast, 10 minutes ago.

Things are about to get real.
No pics, please ;).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42
It took 77 minutes to take effect. Now I’m stuck on the loo with only 4% battery on my phone.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail...



 
Last edited:
skyshrimp said:
It took 77 minutes to take effect. Now I’m stuck on the loo with only 4% battery on my phone.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail...




Is that a video of you after the hot water?The handler is an abstraction for the hot water?
 
WWGD said:
freshmeister

Love this alternate name!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
BillTre said:
Love this alternate name!
I came to it after weeks of deep meditation : Freshmeister or Freshenheimer. I hope I chose correctly!
 
I may have run into a social phenomenon. Every single time I have asked to share a table at St Arbucks with a woman, she has said yes, and then has stood up and left after 15 minutes or less.
 
WWGD said:
I may have run into a social phenomenon. Every single time I have asked to share a table at St Arbucks with a woman, she has said yes, and then has stood up and left after 15 minutes or less.
I know this effect from replacing books on the table with titles like "Differentiation and Integration" or so. Which is your trick?