What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 758K views
WWGD said:
But the issue of pineapple in pizza is considered to be a religious one, so not allowed in PF.;).
We call it Pizza Hawaii, usually with boiled ham. The critical ingredients here are capers and anchovys.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary
Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
We call it Pizza Hawaii, usually with boiled ham. The critical ingredients here are capers and anchovys.
I wonder if the wife of Bon Jovi is called Ann...( Ann Jovi)Edit: But she's most likely the wife of Pete Za.
 
fresh_42 said:
Dorothea. Daughter Stephanie.
Pardon the pun: Ann Giovi= Annchovy
And Pete Za==...
 
WWGD said:
Pardon the pun: Ann Giovi= Annchovy
And Pete Za==...
I got it. I was curious myself and have imdb on my bookmark bar, so it was easy to look up.
 
fresh_42 said:
I got it. I was curious myself and have imdb on my bookmark bar, so it was easy to look up.
Imdb?Didn't know he was an actor too. Are txhey even still playing? Seems like a modern phenomena these bands playing with members that are 50-60+. Nothing wrong g with it, just seems a recent thing.
 
WWGD said:
Imdb?Didn't know he was an actor too. Are txhey even still playing? Seems like a modern phenomena these bands playing with members that are 50-60+. Nothing wrong g with it, just seems a recent thing.
I remember him from an episode of Ally McBeal. But imdb has a soundtrack category, so chances are high that you find musicians, too.
 
fresh_42 said:
We call it Pizza Hawaii, usually with boiled ham. The critical ingredients here are capers and anchovys.
I usually balance it off with extra cheese and jalapenos. I don't think the local franchises do capers.
 
hmmm27 said:
I usually balance it off with extra cheese and jalapenos. I don't think the local franchises do capers.
I 've seen versions of pizza without cheese, for vegans. Let's just say it did not improve the odds of my becoming a vegan.
 
hmmm27 said:
I usually balance it off with extra cheese and jalapenos. I don't think the local franchises do capers.
There is a market for pizza with pineapples here. You can even buy them frozen. I suspect that this has to do with WWII, and a German tv cook in the 50's or 60's, and his invention to make people dream in the years after war: (he called that Toast Hawaii)

1618082394240.jpeg
 
fresh_42 said:
There is a market for pizza with pineapples here. You can even buy them frozen. I suspect that this has to do with WWII, and a German tv cook in the 50's or 60's, and his invention to make people dream in the years after war:

View attachment 281292
That's a pineapple sandwich with cheese, not pineapple pizza!
 
WWGD said:
That's a pineapple sandwich with cheese, not pineapple pizza!
Sure, but it made ham + pineapple + melted cheese famous. It was such a 60's/70's thing. So the step to a pizza with the same ingredients wasn't new and fell in a prepared market.
 
Swedes also like banana curry pizza right? And Italians like hot dog and french fries pizza, which is why I don't take the pineapple hatred seriously.

One of my favorites is bbq sauce, chicken, bacon pineapple.

My best food invention during the pandemic was bacon wrapped shrimp on grilled pepper jack cheese with sourdough fried in lots of butter, and then dipped in peanut butter. I bet that could be a good pizza recipe as well.
 
Jarvis323 said:
Germans also like banana curry pizza right? And Italians like hot dog and french fries pizza, which is why I don't take the pineapple hatred seriously.

One of my favorites is bbq sauce, chicken, bacon pineapple.

My best food invention during the pandemic was bacon wrapped shrimp on grilled pepper jack cheese with sourdough fried in lots of butter, and then dipped in peanut butter. I bet that could be a good pizza recipe as well.
Hey, open up your food car and put it to a test. I have a few ideas myself. Maybe some day.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jarvis323
At a local farmers market, some nice people had a sign offering small bag of lettuce to people for free if they have food insecurity. I couldn't stop thinking about the impracticality of lettuce as a gift to starving people. It almost seems cruel.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
Jarvis323 said:
Swedes also like banana curry pizza right? And Italians like hot dog and french fries pizza, which is why I don't take the pineapple hatred seriously.

One of my favorites is bbq sauce, chicken, bacon pineapple.

My best food invention during the pandemic was bacon wrapped shrimp on grilled pepper jack cheese with sourdough fried in lots of butter, and then dipped in peanut butter. I bet that could be a good pizza recipe as well.
You must be or are of British ancestry. Italians love their food, and these weird things you talk about are definitely nothing any serious Italian would even call food. And I doubt the curry pizza, too, although I'm not sure about the Swedes.
 
fresh_42 said:
You must be or are of British ancestry. Italians love their food, and these weird things you talk about are definitely nothing any serious Italian would even call food. And I doubt the curry pizza, too, although I'm not sure about the Swedes.
I've watch a bit of these people's youtube channel. I agree, actually no matter what the style, Dominos pizza, while better than just lettuce, is not real food.

 
fresh_42 said:
And I doubt the curry pizza, too, although I'm not sure about the Swedes.
I've made curried spaghetti and meatballs... nothing to write home about, unfortunately.

Fun fact : Italian children are the only kids in the world to utter the phrase "Aww, pizza, agaaain ?"... and then they want to know why you're laughing at them.
 
Jarvis323 said:
I've watch a bit of these people's youtube channel. I agree, actually no matter what the style, Dominos pizza, while better than just lettuce, is not real food.


Nope. Not better than lettuce. More calories? yes. better? nope.
 
DaveE said:
Nope. Not better than lettuce. More calories? yes. better? nope.
I accidentally ate part of the box and it tasted better than the pizza itself.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, 256bits, Jarvis323 and 2 others
Jarvis323 said:
impracticality of lettuce as a gift to starving people
They are probably spending their money on cheap calories.
 
Keith_McClary said:
They are probably spending their money on cheap calories.
True. I realize it is s nice gift. But I'm not about to start a fight famine with lettuce action group or anything.
 
Jarvis323 said:
True. I realize it is s nice gift. But I'm not about to start a fight famine with lettuce action group or anything.
And they will likely not have refrigerators to keep it fresh, edible.
 
Maybe one of these concentrated nutrient powders to be used with water instead.
 
There is this singer Dio who's real name us Ronnie James Padavano, but changed it to 'Dio', which means God in Italian. Seems Ronnie James does not have major issues of self-esteem.
 
More on Tutoring. They don't pay me enough:
Prove the sum of 2 Irrationals is not necessarily Irrational.
Me: Hint: 0 is not Irrational.
After an hour:
What does that mean?
Well, if a+b=0, what is the relation between a,b?
1 day after wards:
Can you just solve it for me?
 
  • Wow
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto, Klystron and Astronuc
WWGD said:
They don't pay me enough
Who gets to figure out how much is owed?
 
Keith_McClary said:
Who gets to figure out how much is owed?
Preagreed upon baby-sitting, er, tutoring fees. Edit: Sorry for being snippy.
 
Last edited:
Hey Keith, whatever happened to the Montreal Expos team? Why aren't there any more baseball teams from Canada in MLB? EDIT: I thought you were Canadian and would know about it.
 
Last edited:
Ouch. Some amateur Mathematician asked me to assign him an " Interesting Problem". I just
made one up and asked him to prove that there are infinitely many Fibonnaci primes. I just read
its still an open problem. And I don't have his contact, so I don't know howto tell him.
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary