What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 758K views
I keep forgetting. I wear my jeans and red cap, thinking I look hip. Yet, what I get is one of :
" Dude, mine's the one with pepperoni " ,

Or, while they hand me their car keys:

" Park it carefully this time!".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too
Physics news on Phys.org
Is the issue of dark matter detection constrained by the limit of grey matter involved? :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, fresh_42 and Hamiltonian
WWGD said:
Or, while they hand me their car keys:

" Park it carefully this time!".

1650907753744.png

http://www.thebigmoviehouse.com/2017/07/beverly-hills-cop-3-movie-collection-uk.html
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too and WWGD
The moon rocks are unnaturally aged.

Since they're subject to a proton bombardment from the sun (and other cosmic radiation), which can easily start nuclear events such as radioactive decay the radiocarbon dating gives wrong results.
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too and BillTre
Why do so many carry construction and otherwise material horizontally, instead of vertically and close-enough to their body? I need to keep a radius of 10+ feet to avoid being hit.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too
WWGD said:
Why do so many carry construction and otherwise material horizontally, instead of vertically and close-enough to their body? I need to keep a radius of 10+ feet to avoid being hit.
It's all about center of gravity. :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
Ok, so Camper Van Sales is not another Dutch guy.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too
The moon rocks are unnaturally aged.
Actually my remark was an idea, it's not like I know it is true or something.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too
Sigh...

...When a careless necropost of a necropost becomes a remembrance...🙁
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too and berkeman
Rive said:
Sigh...

...When a careless necropost of a necropost becomes a remembrance...🙁
That's probably a spammer. Brand new account that *helpfully* links to a website is the main clue. I've reported it.
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too
Borg said:
That's probably a spammer. Brand new account that *helpfully* links to a website is the main clue. I've reported it.
That one has been dealt with (newbie spammer banned). I thought @Rive was referring to this one (not necessarily spam yet):

Daniman said:
Why did he take the value of turns per volts=4.
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too
Now with fist bumps, I feel like I'm playing rock-paper-scissors everyday I run into someone I know.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff
Still trying to figure out why Sql Server uses TCP (instead of UDP , or other) between front and back ends.
 
WWGD said:
Still trying to figure out why Sql Server uses TCP (instead of UDP , or other) between front and back ends.
Beats me, is it a TDS protocol thing? I'm wondering about name collisions and buffer overflow. :confused:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
I'm also wondering, at what point in AE's career did he realize what his "relevance" theory meant in the terms of nuclear weapons? (seriously, don't try and figure out a punchline.)
 
Oldman too said:
Beats me, is it a TDS protocol thing? I'm wondering about name collisions and buffer overflow. :confused:
Ah, I think TCP is ussed to make the connection and then TDS is used to communicate. I guess first set up connection in Transportation layer and TDS works in the Application Layer? Or did I forget some of my basics?
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too
WWGD said:
Or did I forget some of my basics?
Jeez... you already forgot more than I'll ever know. I think it it's something like TDS over tcp, let me see if I remember that right.
SQL.PNG
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
Oldman too said:
Jeez... you already forgot more than I'll ever know. I think it it's something like TDS over tcp, let me see if I remember that right.View attachment 300733
Nice. There's also Shared Memory, but not sure where, how it plays a role. (Somehow your attachment didn't render in my PC , though not in your post #9320, but it did when I hit reply) . Will try to see about the APIs as well: ODBC, Native Client, etc.
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too
WWGD said:
Nice. There's also Shared Memory, but not sure where, how it plays a role. (Somehow your attachment didn't render in my PC , though not in your post #9320, but it did when I hit reply) . Will try to see about the APIs as well: ODBC, Native Client, etc.
It's a wwweird world on the web, Your edit didn't appear until I hit reply also... the screenshot was an edit also, connection or coincidence? Your mention of shared memory got me side tracked with the overflow thing again.
 
More nasty weather near where I live in Kansas.

tornados.jpg


There are several tornadoes in those storms.

edit: some of these storms had wind speeds of 60 to 70 mph
 
Last edited:
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too
@WWGD , any ideas on this question?
"I'm also wondering, at what point in AE's career did he realize what his "relevance" theory meant in the terms of nuclear weapons? (seriously, don't try and figure out a punchline.)"
 
dlgoff said:
More nasty weather near where I live in Kansas.

View attachment 300790

There are several tornadoes in those storms.

edit: some of these storms had wind speeds of 60 to 70 mph
Carry on, wayward son. Toto likely not happy.
 
Oldman too said:
Jeez... you already forgot more than I'll ever know. I think it it's something like TDS over tcp, let me see if I remember that right.View attachment 300733
Not sure, I was just reviewing recently.
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too
WWGD said:
Not sure, I was just reviewing recently.
I'm just curious about AE, although the protocol stuff is interesting.
 
dlgoff said:
There are several tornadoes in those storms.
One tornado just went north of me. I almost went to my storm shelter but the siren in my area stopped sounding so I decided everything was probably okay.
 
  • Wow
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and Oldman too
dlgoff said:
One tornado just went north of me.
Sounds like you're in for a long night, take care!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and dlgoff
Oldman too said:
Sounds like you're in for a long night, take care!
Thank you Sir. I will.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Oldman too