What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 758K views
fresh_42 said:
You don't. Export the data as csv file, analyze them, and re-import them again via csv.
In Python? Yeah, heavily considering it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Mayhem said:
In Python? Yeah, heavily considering it.
Or SAS if you like the anger issues and want more of them.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Tom.G and berkeman
Wonder if "What's my IP address" tells you your public address. Specially if you use NAT.
 
Mayhem said:
In Python? Yeah, heavily considering it.
What IDE are you using?
 
Ok, TDS, not Tedious. Please pronounce more carefully.
 
WWGD said:
Ok, TDS, not Tedious. Please pronounce more carefully.
What?
 
Mayhem said:
What?
TDS:= Tabular Data Stream, from Sql Server. Saw a video where it's pronounced as ' Tedious'.
 
Mayhem said:
Geany + pip
Jupyter + Pandas has worked reasonably well for me.
 
Weird. Ran into someone I had not seen in around 10 years. Then saw her 3 days in a row.
 
What I hear when I'm hungry/thirsty:
Workshop= Pork Chop
Zachary = Daikiri
 
If anyone has experience with configuring Maestro from Schrödinger suit, hit me up.
 
Mayhem said:
If anyone has experience with configuring Maestro from Schrödinger suit, hit me up.
Any links/refs?
 
Extremely nice argument about $$e^x \neq 0$$. If you accept $$e^x .e^y=e^{x+y}$$, then $$e^x e^{-x}=e^0=1$$ forces $$e^x \neq 0$$.
 
Anyone desperately low on cholesterol?
20220516_103746.jpg
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff, Astronuc and berkeman
My buddies and I drove to Fort Lauderdale for spring break. This was before I-95 was completed. Stopped for breakfast at a diner along a two-lane highway in Georgia. I still remember the waitress, asking "you want sausage or brains with your eggs, honey?"
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, WWGD and Astronuc
Big deal is now mixing baking soda with lemon juice. The cure for everything. Just like all previous ones were.
 
Somebody in Russia gets it, and now so do some television viewers.

The programme was 60 Minutes, the flagship twice-daily talk show on Russian state TV: studio discussion that promotes the Kremlin line on absolutely everything, including on President Putin's so-called "special military operation" in Ukraine.

The Kremlin still maintains that the Russian offensive is going according to plan.
But on Monday night, studio guest Mikhail Khodarenok, a military analyst and retired colonel, painted a very different picture.

He warned that "the situation [for Russia] will clearly get worse" as Ukraine receives additional military assistance from the West and that "the Ukrainian army can arm a million people".

Referring to Ukrainian soldiers, he noted: "The desire to defend their motherland very much exists. Ultimate victory on the battlefield is determined by the high morale of troops who are spilling blood for the ideas they are ready to fight for.

"The biggest problem with [Russia's] military and political situation," he continued, "is that we are in total political isolation and the whole world is against us, even if we don't want to admit it. We need to resolve this situation.
"The situation cannot be considered normal when against us, there is a coalition of 42 countries and when our resources, military-political and military-technical, are limited."

Retired colonel speaks out on Russian TV​

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61484222
The other guests in the studio were silent. Even the host, Olga Skabeyeva, normally fierce and vocal in her defence of the Kremlin, appeared oddly subdued.

In many ways, it's a case of "I told you so" from Mr Khodarenok. Writing in Russia's Independent Military Review back in February, before Moscow attacked Ukraine, the defence analyst had criticised "enthusiastic hawks and hasty cuckoos" for claiming that Russia would easily win a war against Ukraine.

His conclusion back then: "An armed conflict with Ukraine is not in Russia's national interests."
Bravo, Colonel Khodarenok!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, Borg and BillTre
I wonder if we will hear about Mr. Khodarenok's upcoming relocation to either the Siberian tundra or the local Grave Yard.
 
  • Sad
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and BillTre
I saw Ed O'Neill today at the grocery store. Of course, not. Chances would have been around ##10^{-50}.## But the similarity was astonishing, body language included!
 
Were Bud or Christina nearby? Peggy? Did you ask to buy shoes from him for your wife/girl?
 
Seems some are making money of Bitcoin owners who have lost their password.
 
WWGD said:
Were Bud or Christina nearby? Peggy? Did you ask to buy shoes from him for your wife/girl?
I don't know. I was busy looking for Sofia.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre
fresh_42 said:
I don't know. I was busy looking for Sofia.
Wow, seems you're more of a fan than I am. Who was that?
 
WWGD said:
Never watched that one. Only Married...But, yes, she's very attractive.
It's on Comedy Central here and the channel is next to a documentary channel I often watch. So it happens that I look at it from time to time.