What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 755K views
BillTre said:
This showed up in the neighborhood recently.
Looks pretty bad, but it may still be driveable (tires are in good shape).
Looks like it was impacted on the front right.

View attachment 315097

Notice the expandable foam all over the place, including holding the pine cone where the right headlight should be, sealing windows.
At least no signs of mangled bikes below the fender.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970
Physics news on Phys.org
Reminds me of The Lady in the Van.
1665017419527.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre
Anyone else been reading up on Bell trying to understand what the hell he did?
Aimed at the non physics guys really.
 
Last edited:
pinball1970 said:
Anyway else been reading up on Bell trying to understand what the hell he did?
Aimed at the non physics guys really.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and pinball1970
WWGD said:
.
Just wanted to have the 10,000 post.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg and Ibix
When I was a kid, the sun was a nice little star

sonne.jpg


And now? What does education do to innocent kids?

46PJLXCiJJcB8HZwLygdJT-1200-80.jpg.webp


The sun is an ugly, dangerous monster waiting to kill!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hamiltonian and collinsmark
new exhibit in Ohio's Geological Museum : "Cleveland Rocks"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: martinbn and hmmm27
fresh_42 said:
When I was a kid, the sun was a nice little star

View attachment 315401

And now? What does education do to innocent kids?

46PJLXCiJJcB8HZwLygdJT-1200-80.jpg.webp


The sun is an ugly, dangerous monster waiting to kill!
Looks like some of the cheeseballs I often eat.
 
Astronuc said:
Bloomberg asks, "What Does an Office Mean?"
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-10-04/the-unsung-art-of-office-design

I like the view in the first picture! A view from an office in The National Center for Atmospheric Research Mesa Laboratory in Boulder, Colorado, which was designed in the 1960s by I. M. Pei.
I love that one also. That would be an ideal office for me. My cube at work faces a freight elevator. It's usually not too busy but they always seem to have to roll trash cans around on the corregated metal floor whenever I'm having a meeting. :oldeyes:
 
fresh_42 said:
Ball wedged under a car! Getting it out was dependent on herculean effort with cutting edge engineering technology. So lying on the floor getting your arm behind the ball with some other kid pulling from the other side.
Once freed, move fast because they will just start without you.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42
pinball1970 said:
Ball wedged under a car! Getting it out was dependent on herculean effort with cutting edge engineering technology. So lying on the floor getting your arm behind the ball with some other kid pulling from the other side.
Once freed, move fast because they will just start without you.
Our "cans" were often tennis balls because there was a tennis club near the school and we collected the balls they hit over the fence.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970
Wow, intense message from a Fortune cookie: " Fear is the room where negatives develop". Whatever happened to the likes of " Happiness is having a full stomach"?
 
WWGD said:
Wow, intense message from a Fortune cookie: " Fear is the room where negatives develop". Whatever happened to the likes of " Happiness is having a full stomach"?
Fear of being sued for promotion of obesity?
 
WWGD said:
Wow, intense message from a Fortune cookie: " Fear is the room where negatives develop". Whatever happened to the likes of " Happiness is having a full stomach"?
"Fear is the mind killer."
 
WWGD said:
" Fear is the room where negatives develop".
I thought that was a darkroom? I developed a lot of TEM film in a darkroom years ago...
BillTre said:
"Fear is the mind killer."
+1 Dune reference.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre
I got to bust... I just set a new personal record (PR) for most basketball free throws made in a row. I made 22 in a row today at the local park, double my previous PR. Woot! :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, fresh_42 and Borg
You can tell winter is coming here. Lady bugs everywhere.
ladybugs.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc and berkeman