What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 754K views
Astronuc said:
I expected that EVs don't perform well in weather below freezing.
"Ya think?"
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Merry Christmas all!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, BillTre, OCR and 1 other person
Dang. More cold weather and snow See red arrow for about where I live:
snow.jpg
 
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970
dlgoff said:
starting to get a little sleet now. :oldcry:
Every thing is covered with a layer of ice now.
 
dlgoff said:
...every thing is ice covered. I hate winter.
You would be welcome in my neighborhood, it's known as "Shake-'N'-Bake" land. :eek: (AKA Southern California)

Cheers,
Tom
 
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff
Some free time. Fallout Tale of Two Wastelands (mod that combines FO3 and New Vegas) here I come. Real world problems - bye bye!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark
I ran into a former student of mine, from my days as an adjunct . He said he had been trying to reach me for a recommendation. I told him , in a nice way, that I believed my ob ligations expired after I stopped traching. Now Im not so sure.
On a related note, I found out I had missed one day of the week during two of my classes. I thought back then they were MWF classes, but they actually were MTWTh classes.
 
In another thread on Pyroclastic Flows (Volcanoes), there is a post about the White Island (Whakaari) eruption of December 2019.

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/pyroclastic-flows-200-700-c.1048467/post-6835565

There have been numerous videos of the eruption. The following videos provide interviews with some of the 25 survivors, some of whom lost friends and family members; there were 22 fatalities.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whakaari_/_White_Island
Whakaari is an active andesite stratovolcano located about 48 km (30 mi) from the east coast of the North Island of New Zealand, in the Bay of Plenty.
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970
Still looking for an example of someone who's hips do lie.
 
WWGD said:
Still looking for an example of someone who's hips do lie.
Mine are lying in bed, along with the rest of me, if that helps.
 
WWGD said:
I found out I had missed one day of the week during two of my classes. I thought back then they were MWF classes, but they actually were MTWTh classes.
Um...
 
berkeman said:
Um...
Ah, yes, MTF vs MTThF.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
WWGD said:
On a related note, I found out I had missed one day of the week during two of my classes. I thought back then they were MWF classes, but they actually were MTWTh classes.

berkeman said:
Um.

WWGD said:
Ah, yes, MTF vs MTThF.
And I see the reason remains. :cry:
 
Tom.G said:
And I see the reason remains. :cry:
I don't see it. I know it may be unusual , but we did have some MTF classes, rather than MWF , if that's what you mean.
 
WWGD said:
if that's what you mean.
IMHO he's QQ about your AA :wink:

Ps.: I too wonder what MTF, MWF, MTWTh, MTThF might be...
 
Last edited:
Rive said:
IMHO he's QQ about your AA :wink:

Ps.: I too wonder what MTF, MWF, MTWTh, MTThF might be...
Something about the World Wrestling Federation. Great school! But, no, its about the days of the week ;).
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Rive
What's next? Now my water district is having a water outage.
 
  • Sad
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, pinball1970 and BillTre
dlgoff said:
What's next? Now my water district is having a water outage.
Just to let you guys know, the district just got my water going again.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, nuuskur, Rive and 3 others
dlgoff said:
Just to let you guys know, the district just got my water going again.
I always hated that show. Even more now!
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff
dlgoff said:
Just to let you guys know, the district just got my water going again.
Your extreme weather was on our national news, ITV last week.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff
Just the more I encounter the traces of that ChatGPT thing on the internet the more I'm sure that it's not built to be a chat-bot but to be a con-man-: a con-bot if you like 😟
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander
My brothern has a cistern.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: chemisttree and Bystander
Do engineers take a course in making bad notation? I should have chosen an elective in the physics department... sigh.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur and berkeman
Mayhem said:
Do engineers take a course in making bad notation?
What, the old ##j## versus ##i## thing? :wink:
 
berkeman said:
What, the old ##j## versus ##i## thing? :wink:
I wish. Phasor notation namely, using degrees instead of radians in derivations.
 
What's the deal with leaving 10-second sound messages in What's App?