What is the oldest text/email you still have on your phone

• Thread starter hbk4894
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker bought their current phone in December 2013 and the earliest text on the phone is from February 25, 2014. The speaker also mentions going back to 2011 and receiving the last text from the factory. They have texts from 2014 and 2013 that still make them smile. However, the speaker regularly deletes texts after a certain threshold, so they rarely have texts older than a week or two. In contrast, the speaker has emails dating back to 2010 and even some saved in archives from 2009.
hbk4894
bought my current phone in December 2013 , and the earliest text i can find still on there is from feb 25 2014

Computer science news on Phys.org
I think the last text my phone received, was printed on it, at the factory.

rotary.phone.jpg

Likes zoeschmoe, DennisN and Greg Bernhardt
Mine goes back to 2014 at least..

There's some from 2013 that still make me smile, so not that old :P

If you're talking about texts, I make a regular habit of deleting them from any individual once it reaches a certain threshold # (usually after a 100 texts). So I rarely have any texts that are older than a week or 2 at most.

The situation is different for e-mails (which aren't necessarily linked to my phone) -- I have some e-mails that date back to 2010, and I've saved some e-mails in archives that date back to 2009.

Related to What is the oldest text/email you still have on your phone

1. What is considered the oldest text/email on your phone?

The oldest text/email on my phone would be the first one that I received or sent when I first got the phone. This could vary for each individual depending on when they got their phone.

2. How long do text messages/emails stay on a phone?

This can vary depending on the phone's storage capacity and settings. Generally, text messages and emails will stay on a phone until they are manually deleted by the user or the phone's storage is full and the messages are automatically deleted.

3. Can text messages/emails be retrieved if they are deleted?

In most cases, once a text message or email is deleted, it cannot be retrieved. However, there are some ways to recover deleted messages, such as using data recovery software or contacting your phone carrier. It is always best to regularly back up important messages to avoid losing them.

4. Are there any ways to find out the exact date of a text message/email?

Yes, most phones have a feature that displays the date and time of when a message was sent or received. Additionally, email providers often have a search function that allows users to search for specific messages by date.

5. What is the significance of keeping old text messages/emails?

Old text messages and emails can serve as a record of communication and can hold sentimental value. They can also be used as evidence in legal or personal matters. However, it is important to regularly delete unnecessary messages to free up storage space on the phone.