What is the Sign of Induced Voltage in Each Rotor Segment?

And please clarify if you are looking to determine the plus/minus sign of the induced voltage or if you are wondering why equation 4-19 is not equal to eab. Thanks.
BlackMelon

Homework Statement

I want to know the minus/plus sign of induced voltage of each rotor segment. Like in file no.3, equation 4-19, why (vxB)•l is not equal to eab instead?

Homework Equations

equation 4-19 and 1-45

The Attempt at a Solution

I was searching on this book, but found nothing.[/B]

Thank You

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 292
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 296
Physics news on Phys.org
BlackMelon said:

Homework Statement

I want to know the minus/plus sign of induced voltage of each rotor segment. Like in file no.3, equation 4-19, why (vxB)•l is not equal to eab instead?

Homework Equations

equation 4-19 and 1-45

The Attempt at a Solution

I was searching on this book, but found nothing.[/B]

Thank You

Can you type this out? Your pictures are hard to see.

Thread closed. @BlackMelon, I agree with the previous poster that the images are too unclear to read. Please start a new thread, with equation 4-19 typed out.

1. What is induced voltage in a generator?

Induced voltage is the voltage that is created in a generator when a conductor moves through a magnetic field. This movement creates a force that produces an electric current, which results in an induced voltage.

2. How is induced voltage created in a generator?

Induced voltage is created through the principle of electromagnetic induction. When a conductor moves through a magnetic field or when the magnetic field changes, a voltage is induced in the conductor.

3. What factors affect the induced voltage in a generator?

The amount of induced voltage in a generator is affected by the strength of the magnetic field, the speed at which the conductor moves through the field, and the angle between the conductor and the magnetic field.

4. How is induced voltage used in a generator?

The induced voltage in a generator is used to produce electricity. The rotating motion of the conductor through the magnetic field creates an alternating current, which can be converted into usable electricity.

5. What is the difference between induced voltage and applied voltage in a generator?

The induced voltage in a generator is created through electromagnetic induction, while the applied voltage is the external voltage that is applied to the generator to initiate the production of electricity. Induced voltage is the result of the generator's own motion, while applied voltage is an external source.