What is the Sign of Induced Voltage in Each Rotor Segment?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
BlackMelon
Messages
43
Reaction score
7

Homework Statement


I want to know the minus/plus sign of induced voltage of each rotor segment. Like in file no.3, equation 4-19, why (vxB)•l is not equal to eab instead?

Homework Equations


equation 4-19 and 1-45

The Attempt at a Solution


I was searching on this book, but found nothing.[/B]

Thank You
 
Attachments
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 375
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 377
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 388
Physics news on Phys.org
BlackMelon said:

Homework Statement


I want to know the minus/plus sign of induced voltage of each rotor segment. Like in file no.3, equation 4-19, why (vxB)•l is not equal to eab instead?

Homework Equations


equation 4-19 and 1-45

The Attempt at a Solution


I was searching on this book, but found nothing.[/B]

Thank You

Can you type this out? Your pictures are hard to see.