What is the use of Buddy List ?

• Thread starter Google_Spider
  • Start date
  • Tags
    List
In summary, a buddy list is a feature used in messaging and social networking platforms to create a list of friends or contacts for easy communication. Friends can be added by searching for their username or email and sending a request. The main purpose is to stay in touch with friends and see who is online. Buddy lists can be customized to organize contacts and set privacy settings. The security of a buddy list varies depending on the platform, so it's important to be cautious about who is added and regularly review privacy settings.
Google_Spider
What is the use of "Buddy List" ?

I have seen this thing in almost all forums, but I wonder what's the use of adding someone as a buddy. Will I get an email notification if my buddy starts a new thread ? Is anybody using the buddy list ?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think the main use is that if you restrict your private messages, you can use the buddy list to select who you wish to receive PM's from.

Yeah, or the reverse with the ignore list (ask Cyrus about that one)

Related to What is the use of Buddy List ?

1. What is a buddy list?

A buddy list is a feature commonly used in messaging and social networking platforms that allows users to create a list of friends or contacts who they can easily communicate with.

2. How do I add friends to my buddy list?

To add friends to your buddy list, you can usually search for their username or email address and send them a friend request. Once they accept your request, they will be added to your buddy list.

3. What is the purpose of a buddy list?

The main purpose of a buddy list is to make it easier for users to keep in touch with their friends and contacts. It allows them to see who is currently online and available to chat, send messages, and share updates with their buddies.

4. Can I customize my buddy list?

Yes, most messaging and social networking platforms allow users to customize their buddy list by organizing their contacts into groups, setting privacy settings, and choosing how they want their buddies to be displayed (e.g. by name, status, or activity).

5. Is a buddy list secure?

The security of a buddy list depends on the platform you are using. Generally, these lists are only visible to the user and their approved contacts. However, it is important to be cautious about who you add to your buddy list and to regularly review your privacy settings to ensure your personal information is not visible to strangers.