Understanding the Vote Now Button: A Brief Explanation

• Thread starter ranger
  • Start date
In summary, some users are having problems with the "Vote Now" button appearing in their advanced reply box.
ranger
Gold Member
What is "Vote Now"?

I was trying to edit a post earlier and noticed that a "Vote Now" button has replaced the "OK" button. However, on the next attempt, the "OK" button was restored and all was well.

Attachments

• vote_now.jpg
    vote_now.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 361
Physics news on Phys.org

You know, now that you mention it, I've noticed sometimes that I get an unusual button in that same place. I'm having a hard time remembering what it was :redface:, but I don't think it was "vote now". I wish I had taken a screen shot of it!

HA! I did it, I got it to happen. I edited that post, clicked "Go Advanced" and got this:

2cwvj9y.png

Let me try that too. This was done with the quick reply text box.

Then I hit edit and 'go advanced'

Editing now, all seems normal except maybe a notice a small change in lay out? Not sure.

Tried it again, no vote now's here.

Maybe a browser issue? I use IE8, or Greg solved it already?

Last edited:

What browser are you using lisab?

I'm on GoogleChrome and not getting the "vote now" button either using "reply" or "go advanced". Spiffy new advanced reply set-up, though, where you get to review the thread. That's super cool. I've needed that for a long time.

Evo said:
What browser are you using lisab?

I'm using Chrome too, like Georgina. Ranger, are you using Chrome?

I have used Mozilla, Safari and Chrome and I have had this issue for years. But, I just never said anything. Once I figured out that hitting 'go advanced' took care of the problem, I guess it just became second nature and I just kind of forgot that it's not[/] supposed to do that.

I am making a test.

And don't all vBulletin boards let you review the thread in advanced reply? At least all of the ones I have seen do that.Edit:

Nothin, still Save Go Advanced Delete Cancel

lisab said:
I'm using Chrome too, like Georgina. Ranger, are you using Chrome?

Yup yup, using the latest build of Chrome.

1. What is Vote Now?

Vote Now is an online platform that allows users to participate in various voting activities such as elections, surveys, polls, and feedback. It aims to provide a convenient and accessible way for individuals to express their opinions and make their voices heard.

2. How does Vote Now work?

Vote Now uses a secure and user-friendly interface to collect and process votes from its users. The platform utilizes advanced technology and encryption methods to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the voting process. Users can access Vote Now through their web browser or mobile application.

3. Who can use Vote Now?

Vote Now is available to anyone who has access to the internet and is of legal voting age. This includes individuals, organizations, and businesses who want to conduct voting activities. Vote Now also offers different features for different types of users, such as voters, administrators, and organizers.

4. What types of voting activities can be done on Vote Now?

Vote Now offers a wide range of voting activities, including elections, surveys, polls, and feedback. Users can customize their voting activities based on their specific needs and requirements. The platform also allows for different voting methods, such as single-choice, multiple-choice, and ranked-choice voting.

5. Is Vote Now secure and reliable?

Yes, Vote Now takes security and reliability very seriously. The platform uses advanced encryption methods and regularly conducts security audits to ensure the safety and integrity of its voting process. Additionally, Vote Now has a dedicated team of professionals who monitor the platform and address any issues or concerns that may arise.