What Makes the Tiki Bar the Favorite Lounge for Members?

• Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Box
In summary: Ummm, I love chicken enchiladas. When do you think it'll be ready? :tongue2:About an hour, come on over. Bring drinks. :tongue2:The Entertainment has a pretty good rack.Welcome to one of the favorite PF lounges--the Tiki Bar (moved from Philosophy to the new location in General Discussion). At the Tiki Bar members can enjoy exotic drinks and great entertainment. The Tiki Bar also offers fine dining or simply relax on the veranda and enjoy the view. Of course the favorite activity of all at the Tiki Bar is the comment box. We like to hear what members are thinking, so
SOS2008 said:
So how did you give change for a penny? :confused:
actually, I sold them all to this one guy. he was homeless but somehow had $4 :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:
actually, I sold them all to this one guy. he was homeless but somehow had $4 :confused:
:smile:

Okay, yomamma I see great potential in you. Come on into my office for a chat. First let me explain that we are not a "non-profit" company...

Comment Box: Just heard these things on the news: 1) A foot of snow/hail in Colorado Springs today--the first day of summer, and 2) School experiments with physical education online. :bugeye:

SOS2008 said:
Okay, yomamma I see great potential in you. Come on into my office for a chat. First let me explain that we are not a "non-profit" company...
we're as non prophit as ABC news is honest...I know about the room where you keep the cash

Moonbear said:
Don't worry, we have a taxi service. I'm still trying to figure out how we manage that while floating out in international waters, but I guess the physicists around here are really good at what they do. :bugeye:
Well, we have the regular water taxi when we're near shore

http://www.citimaps.com/brooklyn/images/watertaxi_taxi.jpg

But when we're further out, the Deluxe Tiki Taxi is the only way to go.

http://jermexpress.com/images/himiko.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
http://jermexpress.com/images/himiko.jpg
[/URL]
OMG, guys, you have to try this taxi. I rode in it once...great service! :wink:

SOS2008 said:
School experiments with physical education online. :bugeye:

:smile: Those keyboard finger exercises are a killer, especially the way I make the kids do them. :devil:
Right hand - asdf asdf asdf asdf
And now with your left hand - jkl; jkl; jkl; jkl;
And...space bar...rest.

Moonbear said:
And...space bar...rest.
they stole this idea and called it 'microtype pro' which I got all the way to level 9 on :biggrin:

it was horrible though..

a lass a lad; a lass a dad

I still remember the sentances that they made us type 15 times each :cry:

yomamma said:
we're as non prophit as ABC news is honest...I know about the room where you keep the cash
Aargh! Now I have to find a new place for the cash!

True, we are non prophet. :approve: Okay, so everyone will stop teasing about typos... When in the reply box, if you scroll down you will see a "SpellCheck" button. This is the first exercise in grooming you for management. :biggrin:

Evo - cool transport!

I know the tiki bar like the back of my hand, all 87,467 rooms, I'll find the cash

yomamma said:
they stole this idea and called it 'microtype pro' which I got all the way to level 9 on :biggrin:

it was horrible though..

a lass a lad; a lass a dad

I still remember the sentances that they made us type 15 times each :cry:

Yeah, it would be horrible if they taught it the way I wrote that. :devil: Do you know which is your right hand and which is your left? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
:smile: Those keyboard finger exercises are a killer, especially the way I make the kids do them. :devil:
And...space bar...rest.

Arduous indeed! What level do they have to make it to? :smile:

Moonbear said:
Yeah, it would be horrible if they taught it the way I wrote that. :devil: Do you know which is your right hand and which is your left? :biggrin:
the left one is the one that makes an 'L' when you put you thumb and pointer finger at a right angle :wink:

I thought that meant "Loser"?

yomamma said:
I know the tiki bar like the back of my hand, all 87,467 rooms, I'll find the cash
This is why you have been put on the "fast track" for management. In fact, we may put you in charge of cash security. In the meantime you can have all the Bahama Yomammas you want. :smile:

But we need to get better prices for the merchandise...

Arctic Fox said:
I thought that meant "Loser"?
:smile: Especially if when forming the letter 'L' with your hand and you place it in front of your forehead.

I feel a smash mouth song coming on...

TheStatutoryApe said:
I feel a smash mouth song coming on...
:smile: I was too lazy to look up the exact lyrics, so I'm glad someone got that. But...my favorite loser song is by Beck. :biggrin:

SOS2008 said:
:smile: Especially if when forming the letter 'L' with your hand and you place it in front of your forehead.
But you have to do that with your right hand so the other person can read it. :biggrin:

SOS2008 said:
:smile: I was too lazy to look up the exact lyrics, so I'm glad someone got that. But...my favorite loser song is by Beck. :biggrin:
I like Weatus, Teenage Dirtbag. It's cute.

SOS2008 said:
This is why you have been put on the "fast track" for management. In fact, we may put you in charge of cash security.
oooh. neat, I'll do it! I'm assuming We'll put the cash in room #37,846, yes, that's right, the TV room
In the meantime you can have all the Bahama Yomammas you want. :smile:
2 questions:
1)does that include yomamma's milks?
2)will my bartab get reduced? because it's at 4,750 dollars. most of it was from that one night where astronuc "forgot" about the drinking age...

Last edited:
yomamma said:
oooh. neat, I'll do it! I'm assuming We'll put the cash in room #37,846, yes, that's right, the TV room
*checks map...let's see...room #37,846...got it*

2)will my bartab get reduced? because it's at 4,750 dollars. most of it was drom that one night where astronuc "forgot" about the drinking age...
Oh, you have so much to learn. :rolleyes: Some bartenders just can't be trusted to run a tab once you're too drunk to count. I was sure Astronuc was above that sort of behavior; are you sure he was the one tallying that night?

Moonbear said:
*checks map...let's see...room #37,846...got it*
now I'm changing it and not telling you. it's sad that you need a map, really...

Astronuc is trustworthy. I found out yomamma has Zeroitis--a tendency to add too many zeros to monetary figures. The accounting books show he owes only $4.75. Besides, with all the birthdays most drinks have been on the house since the Tiki opened (on 6/13).

SOS2008 said:
Astronuc is trustworthy. I found out yomamma has Zeroitis--a tendency to add too many zeros to monetary figures. The accounting books show he owes only $4.75. Besides, with all the birthdays most drinks have been on the house since the Tiki opened (on 6/13).
Oh, he's confusing currencies again, huh? (BTW, I was very happy before to find a currency on the second site I checked with about a 1000:1 exchange rate to US$ to make the zeros make sense before).

SOS2008 said:
I found out yomamma has Zeroitis
yes, I developed it when I was four... :frown: no cure has been found. I have the most severe case out of 240,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 cases on the US...

wait, I did it again :cry:

WTF?!
"Look what you did, there are zeros all over the place!"

*looks around at all the zeros scattered like sunflower seeds all over the floor*

"Damn, next time use a tissue and say 'excuse me'."

Al Capon, a dark underworld gangster, needs new outlets for his lethal
moonshine, so he orders Ronnie and pride, his most ruthless underlings,
to organise a terror campaign against the Tiki bar, They recruit a gang of
bikers to bust up the place a little, as a show of power, but that is only
the start.
How can you resist the onslaught of Al Capon.

"There seems to be trouble a brewin'..."

*Presses a button on my watch* "KITT, we need you, buddy!"

"Right away, Arctic," you hear the voice say from the watch.

Seconds later, the TikiMobile rolls to the front of the bar, runs over Capon's toes, and scares one of the gangsters http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/hispanic/photogallery/images/Mexico36.jpg .

"How can I help, Arctic," comes a voice from the tank.

* I look over to the barkeep, waiting for further instructions*

Arctic Fox said:
"There seems to be trouble a brewin'..."

*Presses a button on my watch* "KITT, we need you, buddy!"

"Right away, Arctic," you hear the voice say from the watch.

Seconds later, the TikiMobile rolls to the front of the bar, runs over Capon's ties, and startles one of the gangsters http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/hispanic/photogallery/images/Mexico36.jpg .

"How can I help, Arctic," comes a voice from the
* I look over to the barkeep, waiting for further instructions*

Wow i love the tiki mobile, but can it thwart Al Capons Ronnie and Pride?

Arctic FoxSeconds later said:
TikiMobile[/url] rolls to the front of the bar, runs over Capon's ties, and startles one of the gangsters
I love the TikiMobile! You just gave me some ideas for upgrading the Supersonic RV. :approve:

Pride has obtained an anti electron weapon, " she killed four scientists and several guards", to get it, so watch out Tiki mobile.

the tiki 00000 mobile is coo000l! I need a yomamma's m000ilk! 000000000000000000000000000000000000

Watch out tiki mobile, pride is after you.

SOS2008 said:
Astronuc is trustworthy.
Thanks, Boss! :biggrin:

I don't encourage underage drinking. But if one is planning to consume alcoholic beverages, I do advocate 'responsible' consumption.

Now I have to check what we put in yomamma's milk. :confused:

Tonight's Tiki Bar Dinner Specials

Capon Flambe
Delicatey prepared capon with a flavorful sausage stuffing and the Tiki Bar's signature moonshine glaze. Served with a side of roasted new potatoes and tender asparagus.

Back