What Makes You Fear Death? Share Your Reasons Here

• Thread starter arevolutionist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Death
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of death and whether or not the participants fear it. Some express fear of the process leading to death or the numerous ailments and injuries that can come before it, while others believe that death is just a natural part of life and not something to be afraid of. Some mention the importance of living a healthy lifestyle to avoid suffering at the end of life, while others share personal experiences with death and the passing of loved ones. Ultimately, the consensus is that death is inevitable and there is no point in fearing it, but rather to focus on living a fulfilling life."

Do you fear death?

• No

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
Kurdt said:
I don't fear my own death because I'm convinced I'll live forever.
Well good on ya. So far you're batting 1000!

Physics news on Phys.org
I think almost everyone fears death to some extent. If this was not the case, we would all commit suicide when life hits its rough spots. I think fear has a dual purpose in that it promotes self preservation and keeps us from destroying ourselves and taking unneeded chances. There is a few cases of suicide happening in the animal kingdom. Lemmings run off cliffs in the 4th year of their life and bees kill themselves when they break off a stinger but do these organisms understand death like we do?
RAD