What physics videos should I watch?

In summary, the conversation is about a newcomer seeking recommendations for YouTube videos to learn about physics. The mentor suggests watching Feynman videos, but cautions against relying solely on YouTube as a source of education. They also suggest starting with the collection of video links already available on PF.
hyunxu
Hello everyone! I'm a newcomer.I don't know a lot about physics because I'm just a student.What are the videos (in YouTube ) I should watch to gain knowledge in physics?

Physics news on Phys.org
hyunxu said:
Hello everyone! I'm a newcomer.I don't know a lot about physics because I'm just a student.What are the videos (in YouTube ) I should watch to gain knowledge in physics?
I'm not sure we can give YouTube sources as educational links. Mentor?

lekh2003 said:
I'm not sure we can give YouTube sources as educational links. Mentor?
Yes.I need some YouTube links which give me idea of physics.

hyunxu said:
:welcome:The only safe recommendation I would give are the Feynman videos. There are quite a few on youtube and very entertaining. There are also some physics and mathematics channels which aren't bad, but I wouldn't recommend them as a source to learn from. In my opinion they are more a source to become curious about the real answers, as taught in textbooks. This includes the Feynman videos as well. Chances are high that you will find a video were something is explained in a faulty way or even more likely, misunderstood by you, and nothing is more difficult than to correct views once learned as being correct. It is not only easier but also the right approach to learn it the right way from the beginning.

Likes CalcNerd
fresh_42 said:
:welcome:The only safe recommendation I would give are the Feynman videos. There are quite a few on youtube and very entertaining. There are also some physics and mathematics channels which aren't bad, but I wouldn't recommend them as a source to learn from. In my opinion they are more a source to become curious about the real answers, as taught in textbooks. This includes the Feynman videos as well. Chances are high that you will find a video were something is explained in a faulty way or even more likely, misunderstood by you, and nothing is more difficult than to correct views once learned as being correct. It is not only easier but also the right approach to learn it the right way from the beginning.
Thank you do much[emoji1]

hyunxu said:
Thank you do much[emoji1]
*so

Why not start with the collection of video links that we already have on PF?

pf.jpg

Zz.

Attachments

• pf.jpg
    pf.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 775
Likes CalcNerd
ZapperZ said:
Why not start with the collection of video links that we already have on PF?

View attachment 219276
Zz.
Thank you so much!

1. What are the best physics videos to watch?

The best physics videos to watch will depend on your level of understanding and your specific areas of interest. Some popular options include TED-Ed's "The Science of Everyday Life" series, MinutePhysics, Veritasium, and Physics Girl. You can also search for lectures from reputable universities such as MIT or Caltech.

2. Are there any physics videos for beginners?

Yes, there are many physics videos specifically designed for beginners. Some good options include Crash Course Physics, Khan Academy's Physics playlist, and Physics Girl's "Physics in Minutes" series. These videos cover basic concepts and are presented in an engaging and easy-to-understand manner.

3. What physics videos are recommended for advanced learners?

For advanced learners, it is recommended to watch videos from reputable sources such as lectures from top universities or channels like PBS Space Time, Sixty Symbols, and Fermilab. These videos cover complex topics in detail and are great for expanding your knowledge and understanding of physics.

4. Are there any physics videos that can help with exam preparation?

Yes, there are many physics videos that can help with exam preparation. Khan Academy's Physics playlist, Crash Course Physics, and The Organic Chemistry Tutor are all great resources for reviewing key concepts and practicing problem-solving. You can also search for videos specifically targeted towards the exam you are preparing for.

5. Can I find physics videos in languages other than English?

Yes, there are physics videos available in many languages including Spanish, French, German, and Chinese. You can search for videos in your preferred language on YouTube or other video platforms. Some popular channels that offer videos in multiple languages include MinutePhysics, Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell, and Veritasium.