Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What should i do

1. Aug 20, 2009 #1
    if i want (some day in the future) to close my account what should i do

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2009 #2

negitron

Science Advisor

Just stop posting. As I understand things, they simply won't delete accounts upon request, unusual circumstances possible excepted.

4. Aug 20, 2009 #3

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We can ban you but we can't delete the account.

5. Aug 20, 2009 #4

negitron

Science Advisor

Accounts can be deleted but it requires admin rights with the proper privileges. I dunno the structure here but it's possible Greg is the only one with such an ability.

6. Aug 20, 2009 #5

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They can be deleted but it has never been our policy to do so.

7. Aug 24, 2009 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're stuck with us forever! Muwhahahahaha!

Yes, I think Greg and Chroot are the only ones who can really delete an account, but there's not much reason to do so. We don't want someone's posts to disappear. If you don't post for a long time, your account becomes inactive automatically. I'm not really sure what exactly that does to your account, though. I guess that if you're leaving and not planning on coming back (how could you even consider it!...oh, wait, I considered it, and see how far it got me?), just go into your profile page and turn off all the places where you could get notifications or emails so you don't get bugged with things like messages that your PM inbox is full.

8. Aug 25, 2009 #7
    i am ashamed from my posts it is stupid some time and some times it is just naive i cant make , the ideas and the equations that it is in my head ... to a useful post

9. Aug 25, 2009 #8

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't worry hagopbul. There are post I'm not too proud of also. But I keep on coming here to learn.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook