Close My Account: What to Do | Future Prep

• Thread starter hagopbul
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of closing an account on a forum. It is mentioned that accounts can be deleted by administrators with the proper privileges, but it is not a common practice as the forum does not want to lose posts. Inactive accounts may become inactive automatically, and it is suggested to turn off notifications and emails if one is leaving the forum permanently.
hagopbul
if i want (some day in the future) to close my account what should i do

Physics news on Phys.org
Just stop posting. As I understand things, they simply won't delete accounts upon request, unusual circumstances possible excepted.

We can ban you but we can't delete the account.

Accounts can be deleted but it requires admin rights with the proper privileges. I don't know the structure here but it's possible Greg is the only one with such an ability.

They can be deleted but it has never been our policy to do so.

You're stuck with us forever! Muwhahahahaha!

Yes, I think Greg and Chroot are the only ones who can really delete an account, but there's not much reason to do so. We don't want someone's posts to disappear. If you don't post for a long time, your account becomes inactive automatically. I'm not really sure what exactly that does to your account, though. I guess that if you're leaving and not planning on coming back (how could you even consider it!...oh, wait, I considered it, and see how far it got me?), just go into your profile page and turn off all the places where you could get notifications or emails so you don't get bugged with things like messages that your PM inbox is full.

i am ashamed from my posts it is stupid some time and some times it is just naive i can't make , the ideas and the equations that it is in my head ... to a useful post

Don't worry hagopbul. There are post I'm not too proud of also. But I keep on coming here to learn.

Related to Close My Account: What to Do | Future Prep

1. What is the process for closing my account?

The process for closing your account will vary depending on the specific platform or service you are using. However, in most cases, you can find the option to close your account in the account settings or preferences section. You may be asked to confirm your decision and provide a reason for closing your account.

2. Will closing my account delete all of my data and information?

In most cases, closing your account will result in the permanent deletion of all your data and information associated with that account. However, it is important to carefully read the terms and conditions or privacy policy of the platform or service to understand their data retention policies.

3. Can I reactivate my account after closing it?

It depends on the platform or service's policies. Some may allow you to reactivate your account within a certain time frame, while others may have a permanent deletion policy. It is best to check with the platform or service directly to see if reactivation is possible.

4. What happens to my subscriptions or purchases if I close my account?

If you have any active subscriptions or purchases associated with your account, they may be cancelled or terminated upon closing your account. It is important to review the platform or service's policies regarding refunds or transfers of subscriptions or purchases.

5. Are there any alternative options to closing my account?

Some platforms or services may offer the option to deactivate your account instead of permanently closing it. Deactivation allows you to temporarily suspend your account and reactivate it at a later time. This may be a better option if you are unsure about permanently closing your account.