Navigating the Complicated Feelings of Moving On

• Thread starter alias25
  • Start date
In summary, the girl is conflicted about whether or not she should go see her physics teacher after leaving school and she is uncertain about what to do.
alias25
I kinda fell for my 6th form physics teacher, and he's asked me to pop in sometimes and say hi or send a lot of email, when i saw him the other day.
I want to move on, so I've not popped into sat hi or anything, because my head messes up if i see him (he's not even that gd looking), but i feel really guilty because i said i will go in and see them, ( It'd be rude if i said, no i wont). what to do? shall go? but then I can't concentrate on my work for days after. then a part of me does want to go cause i miss them.
and i don't like looking back, i get emotional because of things (sentimental?) and sad. Don't think I am a emotionally strong person.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand. Does he know how you feel?

no, well i havn't told him, that would just be awkward, and i would definatly avoid him then.

I don t know how you should feel, but i know that there is something wrong with a teacher that sends a bunch of emails to his female student. It is called a really bad name. i am not going to say it. You just need to know it is a really bad name.

kant said:
I don t know how you should feel, but i know that there is something wrong with a teacher that sends a bunch of emails to his female student. It is called a really bad name. i am not going to say it. You just need to know it is a really bad name.

That's a rather sweeping statement. A girl that I met at university was quite good friends with her college maths teacher, and so they sent each other emails quite a bit. You've got to remember that this is at 6th form, not school, and so the majority of students are adults!

nooo, he hasn't sent me any email, he's asking me, now I've finished 6th form and don't see him (only the other day went to get certificates he mentioned this) to: to pop in and say hi or send him email.

cristo said:
That's a rather sweeping statement. A girl that I met at university was quite good friends with her college maths teacher, and so they sent each other emails quite a bit. You've got to remember that this is at 6th form, not school, and so the majority of students are adults!

So what if the students are adults? It is still inappropriate to you know what.

I don't know what 'form' means, but if you are an adult as cristo said, then you are perfectly free to pursue any sort of relationship you want with him. This is particularly true if you are no longer his student after leaving 6th. Just be careful that you don't misconstrue his intent as to maintaining contact. His interest might not be romantic, so you'll have to deal with that the same way that you would in a non-school environment.

Well, i guess i am free to date by instructors then...

Well, I guess I am free to stalk - err, I mean romance - my parole officer.

1. How do I know when it's time to move on?

It's different for everyone, but a good indicator is when you find yourself constantly dwelling on the past and feeling stuck. Moving on means accepting that the past cannot be changed and focusing on the present and future.

2. How can I let go of someone or something that meant a lot to me?

This can be a difficult and painful process, but it's important to understand that holding onto something or someone that is no longer part of your life will only delay your healing. Allow yourself to grieve and feel your emotions, and then try to focus on creating a new and fulfilling future for yourself.

3. What can I do to cope with the feelings of loneliness and emptiness after moving on?

It's normal to feel a sense of emptiness after moving on, but it's important to remember that you are not defined by your past relationship or experience. Take this time to reconnect with yourself, try new hobbies, and spend time with friends and family. You will eventually find joy and fulfillment in your own life again.

4. How do I deal with the guilt of moving on and potentially hurting someone else?

It's natural to feel guilty when moving on, especially if you are leaving someone else behind. However, it's important to remember that you have the right to prioritize your own happiness and well-being. Be honest and communicate openly with the other person, and offer them support and understanding during this difficult time.

5. Will I ever be able to fully move on and let go of the past?

Everyone's journey is different, and there is no set timeline for moving on. It's important to be patient with yourself and allow yourself to heal at your own pace. While you may always carry some memories with you, you will eventually reach a point where the past no longer holds power over your present and future.