Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's a good home built gift for an aerospace engineer?

1. Oct 20, 2009 #1
    Hi, I've got a friend who's birthday is coming up. She's an aerospace engineer and I was thinking it would be fun to build a small project for her but I'm not sure what. I want it to be specifically aerospace related. I've seen designs for how to build a pocket jet engine, but I wasn't so sure that was the one I wanted to do. Any suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 21, 2009 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would think an R/C airplane or model rocket would be a good start as they are both aero designs. Model rockets are not too expensive (usually <$100) and don't require any special skills to operate, where as an RC plane would require some piloting skill and can be quite expesive (beginner models are probably in the >$200 range).

You might also consider a book covering a specific topic in aerospace engineering that she is interested in.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook