What's Happened to Latex? Troubleshooting Common Issues and Solutions

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, latex products can become discolored or yellowed due to exposure to heat or light, and should be stored in a cool, dark place. Sticky residue on latex can be removed with talcum powder or cornstarch, and small tears can be repaired with liquid latex adhesive. The strong odor of latex can be reduced by washing with mild soap and water and allowing it to air dry, and sticking can be prevented by using talcum powder, cornstarch, or a silicone-based lubricant.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
What's happened to Latex??

Previously, the following code has worked just fine (spaces omitted):
[ tex ]\theta[ /tex ]
Now, it doesn't seem to work..

Physics news on Phys.org
I apologize for not reading the previous thread..(just delete this one)

1. Why is my latex product discolored or yellowing?

This could be due to exposure to heat or light, which can cause latex to break down and change color. Make sure to store your latex products in a cool, dark place to prevent discoloration.

2. How do I get rid of a sticky residue on my latex product?

This residue is likely caused by the natural oils in your skin reacting with the latex. To remove it, try using a small amount of talcum powder or cornstarch on the affected area.

3. My latex product has a small tear, can I repair it?

Yes, you can repair small tears in latex with a special adhesive called liquid latex. Apply a thin layer over the tear and let it dry completely before wearing the product again.

4. Why does my latex product have a strong odor?

Latex has a natural rubber smell that can be quite strong. This odor can be reduced by washing your product with mild soap and water and allowing it to air dry completely before wearing.

5. How do I prevent my latex product from sticking to itself?

To prevent sticking, you can lightly dust your product with talcum powder or cornstarch before storing it. You can also use a silicone-based lubricant on the inside of the product before putting it on.