Need Help with Homework Problem: Formula Needed

• Thread starter Nymn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formula
In summary, to find the formula for a specific homework problem, you should identify the type of problem and search for related formulas online or consult your textbook. If you can't find a formula, try to understand the problem and think of applicable concepts or equations, and ask for help from your teacher or classmates. To remember formulas, try to understand the concepts behind them, create flashcards or cheat sheets, and practice using them regularly. Whether you can use a calculator or not depends on the problem and your teacher's instructions, so it's best to double-check. To check if you are using the correct formula, plug in the given values, double-check your answer, and consult with your teacher or classmates if needed.
Nymn
I'm trying to figure out the answer to a homework problem, but I just don't know the formula. :|
I was going to explain it, but I figure a pic is easier.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/15/el1ko7.th.jpg

Now, I think you start with T = RC? With that, I get 1 sec. Then I divide each of the times by that? Rrrrrr! Can someone tell me what formula to use or give me a clue, at least? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I understand the frustration of not being able to solve a problem due to not knowing the necessary formula. However, it is important to remember that formulas are simply tools to help us solve problems and understanding the underlying concepts is equally important.

In this case, it looks like you are dealing with an electrical circuit and the concept of time constant (T = RC) is relevant. However, I would suggest reviewing the fundamental principles of electrical circuits and how they relate to time constant before attempting to solve the problem. This will give you a better understanding of how the formula is derived and how it can be applied in different scenarios.

In addition, it may also be helpful to consult with your teacher or classmates for clarification or guidance. They may be able to provide you with additional resources or explain the problem in a different way that helps you understand the formula better.

Remember, as a scientist, it is important to not just rely on formulas, but to also have a deep understanding of the underlying concepts and how they relate to each other. This will not only help you solve problems more effectively, but also deepen your overall understanding of the subject.

Related to Need Help with Homework Problem: Formula Needed

1. How do I find the formula for a specific homework problem?

To find the formula for a specific homework problem, you can start by identifying the type of problem it is. Is it a math problem, a science problem, or something else? Once you determine the subject, you can search for related formulas online or consult your textbook for relevant equations. It's also helpful to break down the problem into smaller parts and think about what formulas you may need for each part.

2. What should I do if I can't find a formula for my homework problem?

If you can't find a formula for your homework problem, don't panic. First, make sure you understand the problem and what it is asking for. Then, try to think of any concepts or equations you have learned in class that may be applicable. If you still can't find a formula, reach out to your teacher or classmates for help. They may have a different approach or know of a formula that you missed.

3. How can I remember all the formulas I need for my homework?

Remembering all the formulas you need for your homework can be challenging, but there are a few tips that can help. First, try to understand the concepts behind the formulas rather than just memorizing them. This will make it easier to recall the formula when needed. Additionally, creating flashcards or cheat sheets with the formulas can also be helpful. Finally, practice using the formulas regularly to reinforce your memory.

4. Can I use a calculator for my homework problem instead of using a formula?

It depends on the specific problem and your teacher's instructions. In some cases, using a calculator may be acceptable, while in others, you may be required to show your work and use a formula. It's always best to double-check with your teacher to make sure you are following the correct guidelines for your homework.

5. How can I check if I am using the correct formula for my homework problem?

To check if you are using the correct formula for your homework problem, you can start by plugging in the given values and solving the equation. Then, double-check that your final answer makes sense and is in the correct unit of measurement. You can also consult with your teacher or a classmate to confirm that you are using the right formula. If your answer doesn't match the expected solution, you may need to go back and check your work or try a different formula.