When editing a post, last line sometimes not displayed

• Thread starter NascentOxygen
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a minor bug that occurred when the speaker tried to edit a post on their Linux computer. They realized that the missing line could be brought into the editor by clicking on the BB code editor icon. The speaker also mentions that the edit stamp does not show after 5 minutes.
NascentOxygen
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Only a minor bug ... :H

when I went to edit a post, I found its final line was not displaying in the edit box :wideeyed:

Most likely this came about because I'm using linux and when creating the OP probably did not terminate the concluding line with "enter" before clicking on Submit.

Not a calamity, because I found I could bring that missing line into the editor by clicking on that top corner icon for BB code editor. :cool:

As a test, I won't hit enter after this line, either.

EDIT: test failed, that last line did display in the edit box
when I tried to edit it

Physics news on Phys.org
Under 5min or so the edit stamp doesn't show.

1. Why does the last line of my edited post sometimes not appear?

This could be due to a glitch or bug in the editing software. It is also possible that the formatting or coding of the post is causing the last line to be hidden.

2. How can I fix this issue?

If it is a software glitch, try refreshing the page or restarting the editing software. If it is a formatting or coding issue, try adjusting the formatting or cleaning up any coding errors.

3. Does this issue affect all types of posts?

This issue can occur in any type of post, whether it is a text post, image post, or video post. However, it may be more common in longer or more complex posts.

4. Can other users see the missing last line in my post?

It is possible that other users may also experience the same issue when viewing your post. However, this may not always be the case. It may depend on the device or software they are using.

5. Is there a way to prevent this issue from happening in the future?

As a scientist, I cannot guarantee a solution, but there are a few steps you can take to try and prevent this issue. These include saving your edits frequently, double-checking your formatting before publishing, and using a reliable editing software.