When I am looking with my sunglasses to PC display I see darker

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter agentas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    pc
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
agentas
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
When I am looking with my sunglasses to PC display I see darker image.Then I turn my head 45 degrees and I do not see anything.Why?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Because the light from the screen is polarized (I am assuming it is an LCD) , and you are using polarizing sunglasses.
Tilting your head is therefore analogous to crossed polarisers, it will block all light.
 


ok so my cheap sunglasses(6 euros) are polarized.
But then if I do the same with my wife glasses really expensive (200 euros)D§G i do not see any effect.Are they not polarized?
 


agentas said:
ok so my cheap sunglasses(6 euros) are polarized.
But then if I do the same with my wife glasses really expensive (200 euros)D§G i do not see any effect.Are they not polarized?

possibly not

D
 


Wouldn't it make a difference if you tilt your head up or down 45 degrees instead of left or right 45 degrees?