Where can I find a technical description?

• Thread starter Shereice
  • Start date
In summary, a technical description is a detailed and specific explanation of the design, function, and features of a product or process. It is important because it provides clear and precise information for professionals and consumers. Technical descriptions can be found in various places and can be accessed online. To write a technical description, thorough research and use of technical terminology and diagrams is necessary. While primarily aimed at professionals, non-technical individuals can also understand them with effort.
Shereice
I need to find a description of either NASA's water recovery system or their GOES-P. Where can I find either one of these?

Engineering news on Phys.org
On the NASA websites? They publish everything and it usually doesn't take too long to find.

start here.

1. What is a technical description?

A technical description is a detailed and specific explanation of the design, function, and features of a product or process. It includes technical terminology, diagrams, and specifications to provide a thorough understanding of the subject.

2. Why is a technical description important?

A technical description is important because it provides clear and precise information about a product or process, which is essential for engineers, technicians, and other professionals working in related fields. It also helps consumers understand the capabilities and limitations of a product before making a purchase or using it.

3. Where can I find a technical description?

Technical descriptions can be found in various places, such as user manuals, product specifications, engineering documents, and technical reports. They can also be accessed online through official company websites or databases.

4. How do I write a technical description?

To write a technical description, start by thoroughly researching the product or process and understanding its purpose, components, and functions. Use technical terminology and diagrams to provide a detailed explanation and include specifications and measurements wherever necessary. It is also important to organize the information in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.

5. Can a non-technical person understand a technical description?

While technical descriptions are primarily written for professionals in related fields, they can also be understood by non-technical individuals with some effort. It is important for the writer to use simple language and avoid jargon as much as possible. Including diagrams and illustrations can also aid in understanding for non-technical readers.