Where can I find small bearings?

• Thread starter Jarfi
  • Start date
In summary, small bearings can be found at hardware stores, industrial supply stores, or online retailers. There are several types of small bearings available, including ball bearings, roller bearings, needle bearings, and thrust bearings. The common sizes range from 1mm to 10mm in diameter, with various lengths and widths. To determine the right bearing for your application, consider factors such as load capacity, speed, temperature, and environment. Special considerations when using small bearings include proper lubrication, correct installation techniques, and regular maintenance, as well as avoiding overloading or misaligning the bearings.
Engineering news on Phys.org
See, for example, http://www.astbearings.com/miniature-instrument-series-stainless-steel.html

Also, I would check on ebay. You may find dental etc. bearings that suit your needs

Have you looked on McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com)? They have just about everything you could want, including a large selection of bearings.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Where can I find small bearings?

Small bearings can be found at hardware stores, industrial supply stores, or online retailers. You can also check with manufacturers or distributors of specific types of machinery or equipment that require small bearings.

2. What types of small bearings are available?

There are several types of small bearings available, including ball bearings, roller bearings, needle bearings, and thrust bearings. Each type has its own unique characteristics and uses, so it's important to determine which type is best suited for your specific application.

3. What are the common sizes of small bearings?

The common sizes of small bearings range from 1mm to 10mm in diameter, with various lengths and widths. However, some specialty small bearings may have different size ranges, so it's important to check with the manufacturer or distributor for specific measurements.

4. How do I know which small bearing is right for my application?

To determine which small bearing is right for your application, you will need to consider factors such as load capacity, speed, temperature, and environment. It's best to consult with a bearing expert or refer to manufacturer specifications to ensure you choose the correct bearing for your needs.

5. Are there any special considerations when using small bearings?

Yes, there are several special considerations when using small bearings. These include proper lubrication, correct installation techniques, and regular maintenance. It's also important to avoid overloading or misaligning the bearings, as this can lead to premature failure.