Where Can I Find Visual Resources for Understanding Chemical Reactions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MadmanMurray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Resources Visual
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
MadmanMurray
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
I learn rapidly in physics and biology but there are a lot of areas in chemistry that I struggle with like mad because everythings explained so abstractly and there's no way to visualize what's going on. Can anyone recommend a good book which has visual representations of what's going on in all the various categories of chemical reactions.

Whats really grinding my gears at the moment is the various types of reductions. What in the name of god is a catalytic hydogenation? I've read some explanations of it but they haven't been enough for me to be able to visualize the concept. Without visualizing the concept I don't know what the hell its all about.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
MadmanMurray,
If you want to understand catalysts, maybe you need to wait until Physical Chemistry or maybe Inorganic Chemistry. As for redox, your best learning will come during laboratory exercises and your textbook for Quantitative Chemistry/Quantitative Analysis. A good textbook will at least have good diagrams, well labeled. You will see some of this in General Chemistry, but some of the development is more detailed in the Quantitative course.