Where is Egypt? Geography & Location

• News
  • Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, Fox News seems to be struggling to keep up with the breaking news in Egypt. Their map seems to be an old error that has been circulating online.
Borek
Mentor
egypt_according_to_fox_news.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Lol, d'oh!

Roflz. Sometimes I wonder if the people at Fox News do it on purpose or they really are that thick and couldn't be bothered to check such basic facts.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Typo? Or prediction of the future.

Typo! Nah, that's FOX news!
Prediction of the future? Hmm, if they really can predict, they would've shut it down long ago. :biggrin:

Palin must have been in the studio recently.

Don't know why we are bothering to look for kosher food at these markets here. According to this map we could walk to the ultra Orthodox area in Jerusalem were everything is kosher.
"honey! Get the shopping cart please, let's go..." :smile: I like FoX now. Thanks Borek.

Look! This family is making Rosemary Chicken for dinner. They are coming back for the carrots. :tongue2: They do things a little bigger in Israel.

2578558.jpg

Last edited:
It's a hoax.

Twitter has been abuzz today over an image from Fox News showing a map of the Middle East. What's the hubbub? Well, for starters, the map shows Egypt as being where Iraq should be, and, we guess, some other anonymous country in Egypt's spot. But the bigger news is that the image is, in fact, old news. It was originally circulated two years ago, presumably to show that Fox News doesn't know where Iraq is on a map.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Glencora/fox-news-cant-find-egypt-map_n_816540_75831120.html

I change my mind!... :biggrin:

Jarle said:
That's not what I'm reading in your link!

It seems to be an old but genuine error. Or "error"...
I know, that's what I posted. The hoax is that it's being spread around the internet that it just happened.

Fox News Fails to Find Egypt on the Map

It's Sad when Fox News Can't Find Egypt on a Map!

April LaJune, Yahoo! Contributor Network

Jan 30, 2011 Considering news happens fast and breaking news is even faster, it's been about five days or so since the uprising in Egypt. This seems like plenty of time for Fox News to get a clue as to where the riots are happening on the map, you'd think, but apparently, they are having a little trouble locating them.

With Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps and any other graphic of a map available on the Internet, more maps of the African continent are available at the touch of a button then ever before. However, Fox might want to use the excuse that the World Wide Web is down in Egypt therefore it's affecting their ability to find it somehow.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7699026/fox_news_fails_to_find_egypt_on_the.html?cat=9

Hopefully this "contributor" isn't being paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
waht said:
Palin must have been in the studio recently.
Evo said:
It's a hoax.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What is wrong with this map? I did not have to go to Israel, Israel came to us here.
Though the folks in Las Vegas, Nevada, might be a little nervous that one day soon they may not be serving drinks and people many not be gambling much either. What else could one do with Las Vegas, Nevada?

Can someone stop this please! I’ve got serious trouble with my personal 'wiki-leaks'!

1216bea.jpg

that's where egypt would be.

if it weren't in de nile.

Proton Soup said:

:rofl:

russ_watters said:
Lol, d'oh!

D'oh? Look how cozily Iran and Syria snuggle next to them... I'm sure there won't be any hanky panky after lights-out.

Seriously, what could go wrong when the most populous Sunni and Shiite Muslim populations share a huge border and now one is dangerously unstable...

*hysterical laughter*

Proton Soup said:

Okay, that’s it. I have to change trousers! :grumpy:

(:rofl::rofl::rofl:)

Evo said:
It's a hoax.

Borek started a hoax about Fox News? :bugeye:

berkeman said:

Does he get an infraction for that?
:eek: NO!~

How can you give an infraction to a guy with that mug and that green sparkling hair? You pinch that "shayna punim". :biggrin:

nismaratwork said:
How can you give an infraction to a guy with that mug and that green sparkling hair? You pinch that "shayna punim". :biggrin:

They've given me infractions. They'll give anyone infractions.

berkeman said:

What’s strange about that?? Fox News starts a new hoax every full hour... don’t they?? :uhh:

DevilsAvocado said:
What’s strange about that?? Fox News starts a new hoax every full hour... don’t they?? :uhh:

Or at least, that's what borek wants you to think.

OK... I was just joking around Pengwuino... I didn't realize this was some kind of internal PF thing. I'm going to back out of this very slowly now...

nismaratwork said:
OK... I was just joking around Pengwuino... I didn't realize this was some kind of internal PF thing. I'm going to back out of this very slowly now...

I was too. I mean, really, who could give lil ol me an infraction? Look at how adorable my avatar is.

Pengwuino said:
I was too. I mean, really, who could give lil ol me an infraction? Look at how adorable my avatar is.

Huggably avian, there's no question there. :biggrin:

Pengwuino said:

You pinched Borek in his pretty face? Aaaaa! No wonder you got an infraction.
I pinched someone too and got an infraction. I think they don't like pinching around here.
Do you realize how hard it is to be a crab on pf? :grumpy:

Pengwuino said:
I mean, really, who could give lil ol me an infraction? Look at how adorable my avatar is.

hmmmm ... why do I get the feeling this is all a hoax ...

evil-penguin.jpg

DevilsAvocado said:
hmmmm ... why do I get the feeling this is all a hoax ...

evil-penguin.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If that was representative of penguins, maybe I'd have watched them march! :biggrin:

:biggrin:

Pengwuino said:
You did get an infraction, I never knew! Actually, those infractions expire now, so I am removing it. You now have zero points.

Last edited: