Where to find or how to make a strobe in the range 20-100Hz

  • Thread starter Thread starter renegade05
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Range
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
renegade05
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Please see this for experiment details: http://ap.smu.ca/demos/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=224&Itemid=205

It is the classic: create a standing wave with a certain number of nodes. I can find a function generate that can output the desired frequency to produce these on a string.

My trouble is when I want to add a strobe effect to match the frequency of the wave to create an illusion that the wave is standing still.

My problem is I can't find a strobe light with the desired frequency control. Most I found have a 10-20Hz output. I am looking for one in the range of 20-100Hz.

Do know how I can get one of these? Or make one?

thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
hi there

really basically...

You could probably base a strobe light driver around a 555 timer chip
The output of the 555 would drive appropriate transistors that would switch the strobe light on and off
at a rate you can vary by controlling the 555 Dave