Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where to get large display (Like TI-83) calulator that is non-programmable?

Tags:
  1. Apr 12, 2009 #1
    My Fluid Mechanics teacher doesn't allow programmable calculators and he checks before the exam. I asked him and he said we can have any large display calculator as long as it isn't programmable. Has anyone seen such a thing? I really am dependent on the giant LCD that shows the equation after I put in my numbers. Any suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2009 #2
    Here is a list of non-programmable calcs
    http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productCategory/us_scientific.html [Broken]

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  4. Jul 16, 2009 #3
    I'd suggest an HP, but all the HP's with large graphic screens are programmable (except for a couple of business/financial calcs)! But the screens don't get much bigger than the one on the Casio ClassPad 330. AND it's a touch screen! Resolution 240 x 160. TI's are fine, but DON'T GET THE TI-Nspire! They seem to have a lot of problems. Check out this YouTube video--for a non-programmable (non-HP, non-RPN) calculator, this one is pretty impressive. Watch the video!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook