Who communicates best at PF

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
In summary: Lesser?In summary, the best communication skills on PF seem to be those of Moonbear, Clausius, Astronuc, and Danger. These individuals are approachable, have a unique style, and are funny. Evo and brewnog are also good communicators, but Moonbear and Clausius stand out the most.
heman said:
When did i say,i am!

that does not justify being childish.

Okay,
1.Uniqueness
2.Objectivity
3.Observing other's performances and giving honest advices
4.Having Clear idea of what they are saying
5.focus and clearly understanding the criticalness of the situation
6.Strategic
Ok, apply this uniqueness part on the several people of your list please. So i can see how you think.
but certainly you are not on the list!
ok
Besides, do i know you ? :confused:
marlon

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
marlon said:
:uhh:

obviously, you are no great communicator yourself. Can i ask you what criteria you use to judge if someone is a good/bad communicator, according to you ?

marlon

ps Danger is one of the most interesting people to start a conversation with.

PS Heman, do not mix being friendly with being a good communicator :uhh:
PS marlon is a person whom I always afraid of communicating with! :uhh: (I was kidding! Take it easy! :uhh: )

Lisa! said:
PS marlon is a person whom I always afraid of communicating with! :uhh: (I was kidding! Take it easy! :uhh: )
Why ? I am the nicest guy around here.

marlon :cry: o:)

marlon said:

Really? You mean others are worse than you! :uhh: I think I should leave here as soon as possible! :uhh:

Lisa! said:
Really? You mean others are worse than you! :uhh: I think I should leave here as soon as possible! :uhh:

Why do you have this impression of me ?

No, i just suffer from bad attitude sometimes, i admit. Just ignore that. It isn't all bad, you know.

marlon

marlon said:
Why do you have this impression of me ?
Because of our first interaction! Remember? :wink: :biggrin:

No, i just suffer from bad attitude sometimes, i admit. Just ignore that. It isn't all bad, you know.

marlon
You didn't take that serious, did you? :uhh:

Smurf said:
What the... :confused:
What does Uniqueness have to do with being a good communicator? and giving honest advice? You can communicate white well without helping anyone a single bit thank you!

I don't even know what 'strategic' means in that context.

Smurf,,if you will exercise yours 'simple' mind you will certainly get what i am trying to say!
i place Uniqueness on top as you can see:
your personality is based on the traits you were born with and the experiences you have had since birth with people and events.what works with others may not work quite the same way with you.On the other hand you may be able to do things others have tried and abandoned.A good communicator always develops his own style,you will make your life miserable if you ape others!
you can yourself see what made Hitler,George Bernard Shaw,Mahatma Gandhi special!
I think i have made myself amply clear on this!

Strategic
Some of us who can speak and write English fluently tend to think we are good at Communication.This is as foolish as thinking that we are great chefs because we can clean and chop vegetables.The choice of the right communication strategies,is what indeed matters!

For me its Astro and Brew who are able to make clear there ideas. While I don't post in the engineering forums very much, I read them daily.

marlon said:

I have pictures of you that would suggest otherwise. :devil:

Hey, I'm nice too. For instance, I've already forgiven you all for not mentioning me yet. Ahem. I realize the weekend can bring out people's absent-mindedness. Wink, wink. But I won't hold it against you. Yes, you. :smile: C'mon guys, I'm not joining Mensa - I need to get my ego stroked somewhere...

Hey, I'm nice too. For instance, I've already forgiven you all for not mentioning me yet. Ahem. I realize the weekend can bring out people's absent-mindedness. Wink, wink. But I won't hold it against you. Yes, you. :smile: C'mon guys, I'm not joining Mensa - I need to get my ego(?) stroked somewhere..

arildno said:
Hey, I'm nice too. For instance, I've already forgiven you all for not mentioning me yet. Ahem. I realize the weekend can bring out people's absent-mindedness. Wink, wink. But I won't hold it against you. Yes, you. :smile: C'mon guys, I'm not joining Mensa - I need to get my ego(?) stroked somewhere..
Wait, let me guess, to you ego stands for Elongating Gyrating Orgasmatron? :blushing: Gee, I can't believe I just said that - see what a bad influence you have on me?! I should white it out; This is a family friendly forum. o:)

honestrosewater said:
Wait, let me guess, to you ego stands for Elongating Gyrating Orgasmatron? :blushing: Gee, I can't believe I just said that - see what a bad influence you have on me?! I should white it out; This is a family friendly forum. o:)
:rofl: :rofl:

Oh, I forgot, now the white text is visible..dear, oh, dear.

HRW!

Well, if I had to make a list of people that communicate well, Arildno would be on my list.

There are too many people here that I would have to list, so I will keep my list to people that frequent GD.

To add to the list started by the OP, would be gokul43201, loseyourname, Math Is Hard, HRW, Doc Toxyn, Danger, Brewnog, zoobyshoe, Ivan Seeking, Tsu, BobG, Fred Garvin, Chronos, hypatia, (all the mentors, of course :wink: ), darn, this could go on forever and I will still forget someone, like The_Bob, Motai, matthyaouw, recon, SOS2008, spacetiger, tribdog, (where the hell is he?) TheStatutoryApe, Zantra (yes, I'm looking in the member photo section to jog my memory). If I didn't list your name, assume that I forgot. :tongue:

Evo said:
HRW!

Well, if I had to make a list of people that communicate well, Arildno would be on my list.

There are too many people here that I would have to list, so I will keep my list to people that frequent GD.

To add to the list started by the OP, would be gokul43201, loseyourname, Math Is Hard, HRW, Doc Toxyn, Danger, Brewnog, zoobyshoe, Ivan Seeking, Tsu, BobG, Fred Garvin, Chronos, hypatia, (all the mentors, of course :wink: ), darn, this could go on forever and I will still forget someone, like The_Bob, Motai, matthyaouw, recon, SOS2008, spacetiger, tribdog, (where the hell is he?) TheStatutoryApe, Zantra (yes, I'm looking in the member photo section to jog my memory). If I didn't list your name, assume that I forgot. :tongue:
OUCH! :cry:

ah-hem?am i invisible now?

uh-oh

of course I saved the best for last...

Smurf

Finally, some recognition.

Ok here is my list!(It seems that I have to wait forever if I want my hand gets better!)I only communicate with people whom I enjoy reading their posts! And I usually read posts that aren't too long! :blushing: (I'm too lazy and impatient to read too long ones!)Of course there are some exceptions!

yomamma: He's the cutest member in PF, isn't he?
Danger: He's great except when he's serious :grumpy: (Actualy he doesn't
communicate at GD recently !:cry: and I'm about to forget him!)
Astronuc:I learn a lot from him. He's nice and humorist.
arildno: except when he's :grumpy: ! He's too fast and makes me laugh alot!
dextercioby: Who is he? :wink:
Moonbear: except when she writes a lot in every single post! :uhh:
Tsu : because of sending nice pictures of her cat and the deer

with respect to the rest whom I don't know well (Artamn, hypatia,...)!I hope I wouldn't forget any name!

Mr wolram: No Comment!

Whenever I post, if its a long post it is usually in areas that I know the best. My post count is a little on the low side because I usually only write on subjects that I know about, and avoid posting things that may be misleading to other readers. The last thing I need is to spread my own confusion of subjects to other people. Quality over quantity.

As I further my college education I should be able to post/respond in other subforums of PF as well, but as of now I don't want to mislead anyone.

In GD, I've noticed that my longest posts tend to be about music, that's what I get for being a band nerd with a scientific mind :grumpy:.

I would say that on average, I communicate well on topics that I am familiar with.

Smurf said:
Finally, some recognition.

some :biggrin:

Evo said:
I have pictures of you that would suggest otherwise. :devil:
:confused: Hmmm, weren't you the one who said not to look at exterior only when i asked about Moonbears age ? :wink:

marlon

and since we are making lists, here is mine

danger, arildno, Evo, spacetiger, humanino (is he dead ?), astronuc, dextercioby (he left my university last month to go back home, i kinda miss him but i admit i never thought i would ever say that :blushing: ), Moonbear (though i do not know her age), Gokul

regards
marlon

Hey Arildno, long time no 'see'

How are you up there ?

How many sigarettes have you already smoked today and at what time did you get up. I woke up at 11.15 am, so 10 minutes ago

marlon

matt grime, mathwonk,shmoe are, IMO the best non-mentor communicators in the math section, while krab's clear and concise posts on a large variety of physics questions deserves more than mere "honorable" mention.

marlon said:
Hey Arildno, long time no 'see'

How are you up there ?

How many sigarettes have you already smoked today and at what time did you get up. I woke up at 11.15 am, so 10 minutes ago

marlon
Actually, I have only smoked a few cigarette butts yet, since I've gone empty.. :cry:
I'm about to amble along and get a refill..

Sorry,I forgot some great guys like Perennial,Galileo,HallsOfIvy,Rose,Hypnagogue and still it looks to me that the list has to go very far!

Before I quote you... I need to ask you what the purpose of this thread was?

Smurf is a very active member on PF and I've read many of his posts. I can appreciate his level of humour as a higher intelligence. Heman, you are likely too literal.

In communication, one must speak with integrity and a solid foundation of thought and direction. One should be able to connect with ones readers and the masses without being misunderstood, unless misunderstanding is intended to qualify your readership.

That my friend is a great communicator.

I understand that the truth may hurt and you may want to retaliate against me, but I encourage you to look deep within yourself to find more meaning before you reply. I would be honored to reply to a worthy rebuttal on your part. I'm your huckleberry. - Doc Holiday "Tombstone" :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Outsider, you read my mind. I totally agree with you

You have proven to be a great communicator too.

Are you a lawyer/politician ? :)

marlon

marlon said:
Outsider, you read my mind. I totally agree with you

You have proven to be a great communicator too.

Are you a lawyer/politician ? :)

marlon

Marlon, I don't know if I should take this as an insult or a compliment? Heman is really more of a good laff for me as I find these odd topics and he starts them all...

I do not wish to reveal my qualifications to keep my words pure. If I am too low, certain readers will discount my thought... and if I am too high, some people may support my thought purely out of respect...

Therefore, let's keep it clean and honest shall we? o:)

outsider said:
Therefore, let's keep it clean and honest shall we? o:)

Take it as a compliment, please. You made a great point here and you wrote it in a very efficient manner. Honestly.

I agree. However, do realize that you cannot set up your own rules, dear friend. If you want to be taken seriously, reveal us your qualifications. That is what being honest and clean is all about :wink:

marlon

Suddenly this thread seems to make sense (the OP seems to have disappeared from the scene) ...good job ousider,marlon and smurf :cool: !

mansi said:
Suddenly this thread seems to make sense (the OP seems to have disappeared from the scene) ...good job ousider,marlon and smurf :cool: !
:rofl:

Wow, you figured out our secret policy :approve:

You have great insights man. :approve:

marlon :smile:

And if begging doesn't work marlon, we can proceed with the thumb screws. :smile:

hypatia said:
And if begging doesn't work marlon, we can proceed with the thumb screws. :smile:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do i need to reply your question ?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Finally, the great communicators are coming out :approve:

marlon

outsider said:
Before I quote you... I need to ask you what the purpose of this thread was?:
Purpose of this Thread was Simple-Power Of Communication and who has expertised in it.
The main difference between the ideas that are appreciated and that are rejected is the way they are communicated.you must have had come across several instances when others didn't like your useful ideas or didn't get excited about them.Well here at Pf most of the members are excellent Communicators so this thread could not reveal ,how can bad communication sometimes produce more blunders then anything else!

outsider said:
..In communication, one must speak with integrity and a solid foundation of thought and direction. One should be able to connect with ones readers and the masses without being misunderstood, unless misunderstanding is intended to qualify your readership...
I agree completely!

outsider said:
..That my friend is a great communicator. ...
If your friend is one,i think he should speak for himself!

outsider said:
..I understand that the truth may hurt and you may want to retaliate against me, but I encourage you to look deep within yourself to find more meaning before you reply. I would be honored to reply to a worthy rebuttal on your part. I'm your huckleberry. - Doc Holiday "Tombstone" :cool:
I would say to you that seeing the surface of ocean doesn't determine its depth.You have tried to emancipate me just on your basis of little and inadequate information about me.

Last edited by a moderator: