Who communicates best at PF

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
In summary: Lesser?In summary, the best communication skills on PF seem to be those of Moonbear, Clausius, Astronuc, and Danger. These individuals are approachable, have a unique style, and are funny. Evo and brewnog are also good communicators, but Moonbear and Clausius stand out the most.
heman said:
Purpose of this Thread was Simple-Power Of Communication and who has expertised in it.
The main difference between the ideas that are appreciated and that are rejected is the way they are communicated.
Then let us continue with this line of thought, rather than tired defense and debate.

heman said:
you must have had come across several instances when others didn't like your useful ideas or didn't get excited about them.
As you can see, I am new here... however to answer your question, I don't expect others to like what I have to say, rather I would hope that it will add to the spectrum of ideas... not everyone likes violet, but yet it has it's place, and likewise ultraviolet exists... but only to those who have the ability to detect it... the mind is not colorblind in this sense, however the owner of which has control of what he can or cannot see.

heman said:
Well here at Pf most of the members are excellent Communicators so this thread could not reveal ,how can bad communication sometimes produce more blunders then anything else!
Let me communicate to you that - I really don't know what your point is when you say this.

I would say to you that seeing the surface of ocean doesn't determine its depth.You have tried to emancipate me just on your basis of little and inadequate information about me.
Heman, I say this with all honesty - like everyone, you have a great potential. I can only see what you reveal. If you are only revealing your surface, then that is something outside of my control. You should work on your communication skills. :tongue:

Heman, get your beliefs and integrity together and swing it in the direction of your cause. Don't waste your potential. We are all here to learn and grow. I have seen many other great concepts and thinkers on this board and really appreciate everyones gifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
marlon said:
Take it as a compliment, please. You made a great point here and you wrote it in a very efficient manner. Honestly.

I agree. However, do realize that you cannot set up your own rules, dear friend. If you want to be taken seriously, reveal us your qualifications. That is what being honest and clean is all about :wink:

marlon

Marlon, thank you for your compliment :blushing: PF has been much fun so far. I was warned for my harsh style and have toned it down a bit... o:)

If my contribution has meaning to you or anyone else, then that is great. I believe that posting a position will only hinder other's ability to think clearly and objectively about thoughts. I find that in reality, we all make concessions in our beliefs to be politically correct with as many organizations/networks as we belong to (even within family).

Most people are prone to judge ideas based on their source (just as in another thread Content vs. Source), however i believe that the credibility of a source is based also on the consistency and quality of their content. Due to the glut in content in this day and age, we (the public) have little patience and do not appreciate a source that has wasted our time on countless occasions. If I feel as if I have something of value to contribute, I will then do so. The masses will decide for themselves what thoughts will fit into their lives and what thoughts won't.

Again, it is not my intent to mask my identity, however this is simply to maintain the integrity of my posts. I am here to contribute, debate and learn... not to gain popularity. Science (contrary to the magazine) has long been unpopular until the Discovery Channel came along.

Let us find the highest ground and continue onwards from there. :smile:

marlon said:
Outsider, you read my mind. I totally agree with you

You have proven to be a great communicator too.

Are you a lawyer/politician ? :)

marlon
I am a politician.

marlon said:
humanino (is he dead ?)
No, he's alive and partying back home in Paris. I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't have access to a computer outside of the lab. :grumpy:

Evo said:
No, he's alive and partying back home in Paris. I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't have access to a computer outside of the lab. :grumpy:
Are you being serious ?

What about his phd ?

Besides, i find it hard to believe that he has got no internet access outside the lab. He is living in Paris for christ's sake, there is a pc on each street corner

marlon

Smurf said:
I am a politician.

So what ?

marlon

Who do you think has got the best communication skills on PF!
Perhaps it would have been better to ask - "who communicates well". I am always concerned when people start comparing or ranking other people, especially when superlative comments are made.

As others have shown, any list would be large, and then there is the chance that some would be overlooked.

Marlon and many others communicate quite well, and I appreciate the efforts, time and attention that all contributors give to the forum. :smile:

May I saliently irrupt into this glabrous and already gravid twine with a sonorous homily to my own predilection for neologisms and enjoin a heterodoxical dictum that you eschew these bromides, blowhards and braggadacios and observe my redoubtable self as the nascent, though admittedly abstruse, bon vivant of preternatural wordery?

That's a 'no', then?

El Hombre Invisible said:
May I saliently irrupt into this glabrous and already gravid twine with a sonorous homily to my own predilection for neologisms and enjoin a heterodoxical dictum that you eschew these bromides, blowhards and braggadacios and observe my redoubtable self as the nascent, though admittedly abstruse, bon vivant of preternatural wordery?

That's a 'no', then?

great communication skills, man :approve:
marlon

Astronuc said:
Marlon and many others communicate quite well

:biggrin:

Marlon rocks! :biggrin:
It's just sometimes ppls get petrified,terrified,horrified by him! :rofl:

heman said:
It's just sometimes ppls get petrified,terrified,horrified by him! :rofl:
you should have added stupefied too

haven't you watched 'A beautiful mind' closely ?

Besides, how do you know all of this and why, hmm mr heman ?

marlon

marlon said:
you should have added stupefied too

i did not simply because you are N _ _ _ _ _ _ S,not Martin :rofl:

marlon said:
haven't you watched 'A beautiful mind' closely ?

Movie was bit boring ,so at some places i did not pay much attention! :rofl:

marlon said:
Besides, how do you know all of this and why, hmm mr heman ?

marlon

I know because i am supposed to know! :rofl:

heman said:
I know because i am supposed to know! :rofl:
ohh really ? and why is that again ?

regards
IKOLAA

marlon said:
ohh really ? and why is that again ?

Simply because you are my one of nicest friend on PF! :smile:

marlon said:
IKOLAA

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What is IKOLAA? It sounds like the battle cry of a man on a sugar rush.

El Hombre Invisible said:
What is IKOLAA?

Actually that is a brain teaser

marlon

heman said:
Simply because you are my one of nicest friend on PF! :smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

heman, may I know what culture you are from?

I ask this because you may derive from a culture where being "right" is a matter of friendship. Although this also exists in North America, it is something of which most people would not openly admit or display.

In a post that says that someone is right because the source is a friend, you have justified that your friends can do no wrong. (This relates to another active thread "source vs. content")

An example of a culture that uses a similar way of judgment is Vietnamese people. In my experiences speaking with them, they tend to listen, agree and edify wiser, more powerful and prominent people in order to get friendly with them. Often, it appears to be a sign of respect and this respect is soley based on friendship.

This is more of a political way of thinking and is valid as a decision making process.

The purpose of this example is not to confuse or compare you with another culture, however it is to depict an observation which I think would provide much insight into where your justifications derive.

So heman, what is your cultural background?

:rofl: These questions of yours :rofl: Marvellous :rofl:

Outsider, i think you rock, really,

what an inquisitive mind you have up there...

marlon

Astronuc gets my vote for clarity of explanation, in the Eng forums anyway.

Where some others go off on a tangent and give lots of (often interesting and accurate) information, Astronuc always seems to be able to answer a question concisely, and with precision and clarity.

He's also got a big beard, which gets +20 community respect points.

brewnog said:
Astronuc gets my vote for clarity of explanation, in the Eng forums anyway.

Where some others go off on a tangent and give lots of (often interesting and accurate) information, Astronuc always seems to be able to answer a question concisely, and with precision and clarity.

He's also got a big beard, which gets +20 community respect points.
Not to mention Integral, who has +50 community respect points.

IKOOLA, marlon?

I'm really sorry, but that sounds like the French verb "encouler" to me..

arildno said:
Not to mention Integral, who has +50 community respect points.

or SelfAdjoint, who get +70 and again +30 because he just had his birthday.

i say we have a winner

:uhh:

marlon

arildno said:
IKOOLA, marlon?

I'm really sorry, but that sounds like the French verb "encouler" to me..
there is something wrong with your phonetics, man

it sounds like I-COLA

and the I as in pavarottI

COLA like the drink

marlon

Okay, I detested my French teacher; she was a horrible person, so I never learned French in a proper way.
That's probably why I made this mistake.

arildno said:
Okay, I detested my French teacher; she was a horrible person, so I never learned French in a proper way.
That's probably why I made this mistake.
yeah, yeah, go blame it on the teacher :rolleyes:

perhaps, you were just a little bit too occupied with something else, during your French class :wink:

Il faut faire attention, mon ami, la connaissance des langues est plus importante que la connaissance des femmes !

marlon

i loved French class, the teacher was extremely great. She was a woman and she taught us how to seduce women in French. Really, no joke

marlon said:
perhaps, you were just a little bit too occupied with something else, during your French class :wink:

Il faut faire attention, mon ami, la connaissance des langues est plus importante que la connaissance des femmes !

marlon

i loved French class, the teacher was extremely great. She was a woman and she taught us how to seduce women in French. Really, no joke
Hey, what are you implying there; I was the only boy in that damn French class! :grumpy:

The guy I had the hots for was in the German class; German was one of my favourite subjects..

arildno said:
Hey, what are you implying there; I was the only boy in that damn French class! :grumpy:

The guy I had the hots for was in the German class; German was one of my favourite subjects..
I love German too. My teacher was a real wacko though, but extremely interesting. As an assignment, we once had to explain in german how our parents met each other and where we were, eerr, conceived :rofl:
Really, again no joke...language-classes are real fun and i miss 'em

marlon

marlon said:
:rofl: These questions of yours :rofl: Marvellous :rofl:

Outsider, i think you rock, really,

what an inquisitive mind you have up there...

marlon

Thank you Marlon... :blushing: this is especially meaningful as it comes from someone who is clearly well respected on these PF boards.

I want to induce thinking and understanding among all people... i realize that this is an impossible goal for one person, but if many people continue to work towards greater understanding... we can achieve a greater harmony... The Internet is such a great tool for this as we can all shed our alliances and associations and speak freely to find that higher ground.

Once politics are removed "necessary science" can save us and "inquisitive science" will take us beyond.

I used to be a great communicator until I began posting in General Discussion. Since then, the quality of my posts has dramatically declined.

loseyourname said:
I used to be a great communicator until I began posting in General Discussion. Since then, the quality of my posts has dramatically declined.
Oh yeah, right, blame it on GD. :grumpy:

loseyourname said:

Im the reincarnation of FDR. See what GD does to you

Evo said:
Oh yeah, right, blame it on GD. :grumpy:
Woohoo! :biggrin: GD is totally rotting my brain - it's worse than daytime TV! I can't even understand the posts in the normal forums anymore. I can only think of smart@$$ replies to them. My blossoming mind is wilting from the stupid quetions and sexual innuendo. :frown:

You're one of us now. :biggrin:

*hands honestrosewater a welcome bag*

don't eat the toffees.