Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who communicates best at PF

1. Aug 6, 2005 #1
    Who do you think has got the best communication skills on PF!!

These are the names which come to my mind,

Tom Mattson
    Clausius
    Astronuc
    Moonbear
    ZapperZ

I sincerely like Moonbear for her approachibility and the genre in which she gets her point right through and Astronuc for being unique and ready for everything!!

And when it comes to being funny,nobody beats Danger!! :tongue:

What do you think??

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2005 #2
    And when it comes to sucking up, nobody beats Heman!! :)

Hope you don't take that too seriously, but what do you mean by communication? People who use big words or people who can get their point across clearly?

4. Aug 6, 2005 #3
    I would Vote for Evo and brewnog, i seem to understand them better than others.

5. Aug 6, 2005 #4
    I think i deserved to hear that coz i forgot yours name!!It happens!

If you don't realise what is Communication then let me tell ya ,u are an true sucker(i hope ya don't mind that!!)
    People who use right word at right time are the ones who get their point across nicely!!I think i don't need to explain ya what is Communication!

It's all related!

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.
    Mark Twain

6. Aug 6, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl:

I hope he means getting a point across clearly. Using big words can obfuscate meaning if nobody else knows the word. :biggrin:

In any forum where you have a large number of well-educated people, the ability to communicate in writing is going to be better than average. Nobody gets a free pass on grammar and spelling just because they are studying science rather than English (or any other language).

7. Aug 6, 2005 #6
    I think I do; but.. I'm pretty sure I'd say that about any positive attribute.

8. Aug 6, 2005 #7
    :surprised :biggrin:

Well there are online dictionaries for checking the meanings of word!! :tongue:

Well This whole world can be divided into two groups,
    One of that who say a lot when they have nothing to say and the others who say nothing when they have lot to say!!

9. Aug 6, 2005 #8
    And then there's me, the perfect blend.

10. Aug 6, 2005 #9
    Gentleman,
    I am flattered!!
    Can we know what are those penetrating reasons,so that we also could climb up the ladder of excellence like ya!!

11. Aug 6, 2005 #10
    ah.. an attempt at revenge.. :uhh:

12. Aug 6, 2005 #11
    no, none are worthy.

13. Aug 6, 2005 #12
    WoW,!!! :rofl: (Not Exactly!)
    Well man i think ya haven't realised the power of Communication that's why ya u mocked my arguments !!

14. Aug 6, 2005 #13

Lisa!

Gold Member

Nice thread! If you want to know who communicates worst at PF, nobody beats me! :approve: :rofl:

But about bests, I have to tell you later because my list is too long and I can't type alot now! :grumpy:

15. Aug 6, 2005 #14
    Well then there aren't any!! :biggrin:

16. Aug 6, 2005 #15
    Ok, let:s forget it.

17. Aug 6, 2005 #16
    Ha! You're logic is that you do not know the reasons, therefor they can't exist. Such a primitive and simplistic view. I am far superior to you.

18. Aug 6, 2005 #17
    Thanks! :smile:

Lets Klusener top the chart from bottom!!
    Well Lisa i just know that ya talk sweet and i like reading urs replies
    and there are many ppls here whose posts many times go unnoticed!!

19. Aug 6, 2005 #18
    Well ya did n't get what i was trying to say and jumped into technicality of the matter!that's foolishness and simply proves atleast that ya aren't the PERFECT Blend!!

Sir,
    I know that very well!! :rofl:

20. Aug 6, 2005 #19
    Idiocy. I made a logical conclusion, the failure is yours for not communicating any other intentions behind your speech.
    Good. It is proper for the serfs to know their place.

21. Aug 6, 2005 #20

Lisa!

Gold Member

:bugeye: No, he really communicates well. You know he just says "hmm......" in most cases but it makes sense more than everyone elses' post!(Sorry. I know my worst quality is that I'm too honest! :rofl: )

Thanks but I should reply to this later! :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?