Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Who does not like the Simpsons and why?

1. Aug 26, 2007 #1
    Could you come forward?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2007 #2

Gold Member

Sorry, dude... I love 'em.
  4. Aug 26, 2007 #3
    I don't particularly care for them. But I don't watch television nor do I own one.
  5. Aug 26, 2007 #4
    South Park > The Simpsons.
  6. Aug 26, 2007 #5
    old. OLD!
  7. Aug 26, 2007 #6

Gold Member

terribly wrong
  8. Aug 26, 2007 #7

Gold Member

They were very funny (read: cleverly written) somewhere in the middle season but later seasons seemed to lose that good writing and they seemed to become just another sitcom with vapid plots.

Now, for me it's Family Guy.

That is, when I can't watch Robot Chicken.

Robot Chicken is my god.
  9. Aug 26, 2007 #8
    I love pre 2001 simpsons. They have run out of ideas now and I find the characters more or less annoying.
  10. Aug 26, 2007 #9
    Oddly my parents used to hate the simpsons and now I hear them quoting the show. This may have something to do with DaveC and Greg's observations.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  11. Aug 27, 2007 #10
    I agree with the obversation that the series fall off a long time ago.

But taken the first six seasons and especially the movie that just came out, I can't understand how people can't find it funny.
  12. Aug 27, 2007 #11
    I don't like the Simpsons. I don't get how people say it is 'witty' while 'providing social commentary'. Yes, I have heard that. Maybe because I am not American. I just have never found it funny, that's all. Family Guy still seems like an imitation to me, but I like it slightly better.
  13. Aug 27, 2007 #12
    Yes, Simpsons are decent, South Park (usually) is better, but why is everyone forgetting The Boondocks, Drawn Together, and Lil' Bush? Every episode of these I've seen has left me laughing so hard my guts ache.
  14. Aug 27, 2007 #13
    simpsons has been using too much space filler and lame jokes lately.

i cant stand family guy. the way they use a moderately funny joke then replaying it about 5 or 8 times just makes me change the channel. if they only did that type of thing once in a while it wouldn't be so bad but they do it like 2 or 3 times an episode.

southpark has its space filler and lame jokes but they also have some really funny, original stuff too
  15. Aug 27, 2007 #14

Gold Member

Ah! No accounting for taste.

The scene where he skins his knee is priceless. (and quite perceptive too, who doesn't know that skinning your knee takes a looooooooooooong time for the pain to wear off?)
  16. Sep 1, 2007 #15
    I love The Boondocks. I wish they were still making more episodes.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?