Who in these forums actually holds a doctorate in Physics?

• Thread starter PhysicsEnthusiast
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation centers around the discussion of members with a doctorate in physics in the forum. It is mentioned that ZapperZ, Reilly, and Arivero are among those with a doctorate, while there are also many PhD students. There is also some playful banter about marriage and visiting Italy. Marlon mentions his love for physics, opera, Italian language, and Mozart, and the conversation ends with a list of other members with a PhD in physics.
PhysicsEnthusiast
Who in these forums actually holds a doctorate in Physics?? Just a question out of curiosity. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
People like ZapperZ, Reilly, Arivero.

We have lots of phd students though. I myself am a physics phd student at IMEC.

marlon

You could probably make your mind by looking at users' ages, when available.

P.S.
Marlon, in your profile I read that you love: Physics, Opera, Italian language, Mozart.

If you were a girl I'd move to Belgium and ask you to marry me.

Last edited:
Maxos said:
If you were a girl I'd move to Belgium and ask you to marry me.
:rofl: :rofl:

You know, gay marriage is legal here in Belgium :rofl: :wink: :blushing:

marlon

In Italy, there are still some problems with "Sacra Rota", anyway...

(Inquisition would be something new and advanced, in my beautiful Italy)

Last edited:
yeah, i know, it was all in the news papers over here.

VIVA ITALIA, il paese dei fratelli progressivi

santo marlon, il vostro santissimo santo padre

ahh, Italy. I hope to go there someday, stuff myself with Italian food...pasta, spicy meatballs and whatnot

I've never seen a thread with a serious opening post get hijacked so fast by OT chattering.

Good point, zoobyshoe.

krab has a PhD as well.

GCT said:
ahh, Italy. I hope to go there someday, stuff myself with Italian food...pasta, spicy meatballs and whatnot

Yeah whatever :rolleyes:

These a really great reasons to visit Italy

*sighs*

Err, well, actually i do not care.

Besides, other phd students are Spacetiger, humanino, Gokul,..., and Vanesch has a phd too.

regards
marlon

marlon said:
Err, well, actually i do not care.

Conversational tones,good intentions and warm language is something that distinguishes effective communicator( :biggrin: )! :rofl: :rofl:

Morbius - but his may be in nuclear engineering, not nuclear physics. Not sure.

1. What is a doctorate in Physics?

A doctorate in Physics is the highest level of academic degree that one can earn in the field of physics. It typically requires several years of advanced study and original research, culminating in a dissertation or thesis.

2. How do you obtain a doctorate in Physics?

To obtain a doctorate in Physics, one must first complete a bachelor's and master's degree in the field, or a related field. Then, they must apply to and be accepted into a doctoral program, which typically takes 3-5 years to complete. This involves coursework, exams, and original research leading to a dissertation.

3. Can someone with a doctorate in a different field also hold a doctorate in Physics?

Technically, yes, as long as they have completed the necessary requirements for a doctorate in Physics. However, it is rare for someone to hold multiple doctorates in different fields, as it requires a significant amount of time and dedication.

4. What are the benefits of having a doctorate in Physics?

Holding a doctorate in Physics can open up many career opportunities, including teaching and research positions at universities, government or private research institutions, and industry. It also signifies a high level of expertise and knowledge in the field of physics.

5. How can I verify if someone truly holds a doctorate in Physics?

The best way to verify if someone holds a doctorate in Physics is to ask for proof, such as a copy of their diploma or a link to their profile on their university's website. You can also check if their name appears in academic databases or publications related to physics.