It is a bit rude not to answer at all. I will at least send an email thanking them for their application and then an email saying that unfortunately we have chosen somebody else for the job. But OK, maybe my opinion will change when I have to answer 200 mails. For me, the main reason for not taking somebody is that the person just doesn't have the right background for the projects that we currently have.
If your eastern-European country is within the EU, then it will be easier to find an internship within the EU. If you are not in the EU, you and I need to apply for a special work/study permit and I need to pay you twice the amount of money. If you are not in the EU, something you could do is a study-abroad program (Erasmus or something similar). You are then enrolled at a foreign university and you can then do an internship in that country while connected to that university. For me, it would be like hiring an local intern instead of an international intern.
For finding an international job, it depends on your grades, your international experience, the university you were at, the languages you speak, the knowledge you have, the competition with 'local' people.