Why is my login being refused on Physics Forums?

• Complaint
  • Thread starter darylmcc
  • Start date
In summary, the user encountered a strange issue while trying to log in to Physics Forums. They received a message stating that they had exceeded their login attempts and had to wait 15 minutes, even though they had not attempted to log in at all. After waiting, they tried again and were told that their login information was incorrect. They received a new password, but it was also deemed invalid. The user was frustrated because they were unable to contact Physics Forums for help since they needed to be logged in to post. They eventually had to create a new account to post about the issue. The problem is currently under investigation.
darylmcc
Hi, something really weird has been going on in the login procedure for Physics Forums.

I tried to log in, and I got a message saying that I had already used up my 5 login attempts, and that I had to wait 15 minutes. I certainly had not tried to login and failed even once.

After waiting 15 minutes, I tried again, and it said that I had the wrong login id or password. I was sent another password, and the login program told me that THAT password was invalid.

The frustrating thing is that there is no way to even contact Physics Forums (as far as I know) to complain about not being able to log in, since you have to be logged into post anything.

(I ended up using a different email address, and creating a new account just to post this message.)

Physics news on Phys.org
The problem is being investigated.

1. Why is my login being refused?

There could be several reasons for your login to be refused. It could be due to incorrect login credentials, an expired account, or a system error. It's best to double-check your login information and try again. If the issue persists, contact the customer support team for further assistance.

2. How do I fix a refused login?

The first step to fixing a refused login is to ensure that you are entering the correct login information. If that doesn't work, try resetting your password or contacting the website's customer support team. They may be able to assist you in resolving the issue.

3. Can I use a different login method?

Some websites or platforms may offer multiple login methods, such as using a social media account or a phone number. If your login is being refused, you can try using an alternative login method if it is available.

4. How do I prevent my login from being refused in the future?

To prevent your login from being refused in the future, make sure to keep your login information up-to-date and secure. Use unique and strong passwords, and avoid using public or shared devices to log in. If you suspect any suspicious activity, change your password immediately.

5. Can I recover my account if my login is constantly being refused?

If your account is constantly being refused, it's possible that it has been locked or deactivated. In this case, you may need to contact the website's customer support team to recover your account. They may ask for personal information or proof of ownership to verify your identity and reactivate your account.