Where are all the STEM songs hiding?

• Music
  • Thread starter Xforce
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stem
In summary, all popular songs are about relationships between people (especially romantic relationships). Modern songs other than this topic does exist, but very rare. Especially for STEM songs, I doubt they even exist on the radio or TV, and sometimes I have to change lyrics of popular songs to make it more “scientific”, and of course, listening to them myself. Why are “logical” songs so rare, and all of them emotional? That makes no sense.
Mandelbrot Set

Science news on Phys.org
pinball1970 said:
This is clever but I would have preferred them in order or at least by group or something. This version has alkali metals with halogens, inert gases with heavy metals. A bit of a Mish mash
As I recall, Lehrer himself explained the more or less STEM, i.e. mathematical, reason for his ordering. It was to make the syllables fit together into a workable meter for the verses.

• Haha
Likes pinball1970
WWGD said:
A false positive:

Somehow found it as a hit but not quite, it seems from hearing it.

OK, I liked this a lot, (Sade's Smooth Operator), but admit maybe it should have been "smoothing operator".

Likes WWGD
mathwonk said:
OK, I liked this a lot, (Sade's Smooth Operator), but admit maybe it should have been "smoothing operator".
Well, it used to be called " C^oo map between Topological Vector Spaces ". But that wasn't too catchy of a name ;).

• Haha
Likes pinball1970 and mathwonk