Wind Car Theory .for assignment

In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking help with the topic of constructing a car powered solely by wind energy. They are looking for equations and theories on how to build such a car and determine its efficiency. One suggestion is to use vertical sails on the car to produce a forward component of "lift" while canceling out the sideways "lift" of the sails.
alen
Wind Car Theory...for assignment...

I am a student and i have to explain the wind car theory. I really need help. I need to come up with equations and real explanation. I'd be really happy if you could help me.
You can email me at : ngkho@yahoo.com.hk
Sorry again for posting my message here.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks a lot.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have absolutely no idea what "wind car theory" means! Could you give us some idea what you are talking about?

my topic is:
construct a car which is propelled solely by wind energy. the car should be able to drive straight into the wind. Determine the efficiency of your car.

I just need some theory of how a wind car that push by wind...thx

no one has an idea?
plx help...

What makes you think it is even possible for a car powered solely by wind to drive straight into the wind? You could get it to tack into the wind with sails but not straight into it.

what do u mean? i can't really understand...
is there any equations relevant to a windcar? because that assignment needs equation too...thx

alen said:
what do u mean? i can't really understand...
is there any equations relevant to a windcar? because that assignment needs equation too...thx

I have no idea whether this could work but you might want to think about a car with two vertical sails - one on the left and one on the right. They would act like airplane wings providing "lift" normal to their surface. By rotating the sails such that their back ends extend outward from the car you can produce a component of "lift" in the forward direction with the sideways "lift" of the two sails cancelling out.

Related to Wind Car Theory .for assignment

What is the wind car theory?

The wind car theory is a concept that proposes using wind power as the primary source of propulsion for cars, instead of traditional fuel sources like gasoline or electricity.

How does a wind car work?

A wind car typically has a large sail or wind turbine attached to it, which captures the force of the wind and converts it into energy to power the car. The wind car also has a mechanism for storing and controlling this energy to allow for movement.

What are the potential benefits of using wind cars?

One of the main benefits of wind cars is their potential to reduce carbon emissions and air pollution. Since wind is a renewable and clean energy source, using it to power cars could greatly reduce the negative impact of transportation on the environment. Additionally, wind cars could potentially be cheaper to operate and maintain than traditional cars, as they would not require expensive fuel or frequent maintenance.

What are the challenges of implementing wind cars?

One of the major challenges of wind cars is the variability of wind as an energy source. Wind is not always consistent or reliable, which could make it difficult to power cars consistently. This could be addressed through advancements in technology, such as more efficient and reliable energy storage systems.

Is the wind car theory being put into practice?

While there have been some experimental wind-powered cars, the wind car theory is still in its early stages of development and is not yet widely used. However, with the increasing focus on sustainable and renewable energy sources, it is possible that wind cars could become more prevalent in the future.