Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,026 2/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A good first word (for once!)

sbrothy said:
Some guessing went into that.
well, given your username here...
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: Herman Trivilino, OmCheeto, sbrothy and 1 other person
gmax137 said:
Wordle 1,026 2/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A good first word (for once!)


well, given your username here...
Hah well, with the username there's an explanation. My name is "(S)ΓΈren (Bro) (Thy)gesen. I know "sbrothy" sounds like some weird squid, but it's never taken when I have to register somewhere (the backside is that I'm incredibly easy to find in google). I even asked how native English speakers "pronounce" it when reading inwards and apparently they "pronounce" it exactly as I would expect. I'm known on the streets in my hometown (even to people I don't know myself) as "SΓΈren Bog" (Bog = Book) because I read books as I walk around, and yes: I sometimes walk into stuff - lightpoles mostly - much to the amusement of the public and adding to my notoriety. I've managed to stop traffic and have people exit their vehicles to applause at my stupid antics.

OTOH, strangers approach me with books they think I should read, so it's all fun.

EDIT: What I don't understand though, is that people walk around staring at their smartphones but noone find that even remotely weird.
 
Last edited:
Sorry for stealing your fun. I'll mark them a little more clearly going forward.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Herman Trivilino