Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,773 replies · 448K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,531 2/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© 2
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Too easy. :oldbiggrin:
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and TensorCalculus
I'll take it!
Wordle 1,531 3/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩 BLOAT
🟩⬜🟨🟨🟩 STILT
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 SPLIT
 
Me too! Genuinely no cheating of any kind:

Wordle 1,531 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (17).webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,531 2/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© 2
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Too easy. :oldbiggrin:

And I just thought I did good there. But wait a minute.... you keep track of used words or something right? Can't be bothered to go through this massive thread.
 
I turned off hard mode for today.
Safe to say I'm turning it back on.
(Hate to break the pattern :D)
Wordle 1,532 6/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Ironic loosing to a foreigner, no? Must be at least a little annoying. :woot:

(Turning the knife in the wound, as the Danish saying goes.)
 
Oh well, at least it's a nerdy foreigner, that way I have an excuse :woot:
 
A little lucky here.

Wordle 1.533 6/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I’m not even sure what it means. I’m guessing elevate. Perhaps in a specific way. Emotionally or spiritually. Let me see what Merriam says…

Well close enough.
β€œTo fill with joy or pride”.

FA1282AA-5472-4262-B7AD-1C26B2148854.webp
 
Well OK. In the future I’ll refrain from gloating. That kinda backfired. :smile:
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
sbrothy said:
Well OK. In the future I’ll refrain from gloating. That kinda backfired. :smile:
You seriously think I would let myself get beaten by a foreigner two days in a row?! \lh
 
Wordle 1,534 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ ARISE 39
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨ CLEAT 2
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus
Okay I got a bit lucky...
Wordle 1,534 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› AUREI
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨ YEAST
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 PETAL
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
Hm. Not one of my finest.

Wordle 1.534 5/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

AD87D484-8CC1-4E65-A4B0-FD08D2A02363.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and TensorCalculus
I dunno. At a guess: Either a variant or old form of TROVE, or a long boring walk.

Let me see what merriam says…
 
Nope. Long off:

trave​

noun​

ˈtrāv

plural -s
1
: a frame to confine an unruly horse or ox for shoeing

2
: CROSSBEAM

3
: a division or bay (as in a ceiling) made by or as if by
 
sbrothy said:
I dunno. At a guess: Either a variant or old form of TROVE, or a long boring walk.

Let me see what merriam says…
β€œTrave” in Danish means long walk as with a purpose, ~”march”.

Of course that didn’t work. Dunno why I thought it would
 
sbrothy said:
Nope. Long off:

trave​

noun​

ˈtrāv

plural -s
1
: a frame to confine an unruly horse or ox for shoeing

2
: CROSSBEAM

3
: a division or bay (as in a ceiling) made by or as if by
Well, I learnt something today, that's for sure!
 
I managed to make an easy one hard. ?:)

Wordle 1,534 6/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus and OmCheeto
dwarde said:
I managed to make an easy one hard. ?:)

Wordle 1,534 6/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I have a high confidence level that someone with a brain much bigger than mine could figure out what your first 4 guesses were, given the 6th word.
Given of course, that all the yellows in your first 3 guesses, are the same letters.

Always a fascinating puzzle. Thanks!