Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Wordle 1,588

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Almost a hole in one.
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
Physics news on Phys.org
As good as I could do it:

Wordle 1.588 4/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

717B28D3-5E5B-4600-8B98-DE59433670A8.webp
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,588

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Almost a hole in one.
You really nailed the start word there, huh?!
 
sbrothy said:
You really nailed the start word there, huh?!
Pure luck. I'm currently rotating through 40 seed words, all containing only the top 11 letters, and being ranked 99 or better overall.

letter ranks as of August 7, 2025:
count​
601​
516​
470​
419​
409​
381​
359​
353​
340​
322​
319​
letter​
e​
a​
r​
o​
i​
s​
l​
t​
y​
u​
n​
Why the top 11? Because the list of the top 11 includes all vowels. So why did I include 'N'? Because it was numerically very close to 'U's count.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
OmCheeto said:
Pure luck. I'm currently rotating through 40 seed words, all containing only the top 11 letters, and being ranked 99 or better overall.

letter ranks as of August 7, 2025:
count​
601​
516​
470​
419​
409​
381​
359​
353​
340​
322​
319​
letter​
e​
a​
r​
o​
i​
s​
l​
t​
y​
u​
n​
Why the top 11? Because the list of the top 11 includes all vowels. So why did I include 'N'? Because it was numerically very close to 'U's count.
I find AINTS almost always good choices. Perhaps a left-over habit from playing Scrabble where I'd include G to be able to score a full word ending in ING or INGS.
 
Last edited:
Ugly, I know.

Wordle 1.590 6/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

20F9D738-6AE4-4B3F-B366-5DE3C5C955FD.webp
 
Wordle 1,592 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› UTILE 19
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› WOADS 5
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› GOMBO 2
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

One of the rare times the world beat my score.
The global mean for this game is 4.461
 
dwarde said:
Wordle 1,592 4/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Wow! That looks pretty (I was about to say suspicious) well guessed in the last step there but I guess you have them eliminated Sherlock Holmes-style. :smile:
 
Wordle 1,593 3/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ INTEL 22 old and 17 new left
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© 1 old & 2 new left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 went with the old list word

I noticed that for the last 2Β½ months, only words from the original list have been the solutions, so today I decided to bias my play towards the original list, and it worked!
 
Just following my old formula. Same start word and my "heuristic deduction".

Wordle 1,593 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (39).webp
 
Well, what do you know? True and tried methods do pay off:

Wordle 1.594 2/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

0E8EB96C-2E2F-432B-AEE5-B565B2B3D171.webp
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: TensorCalculus and OmCheeto
sbrothy said:
Well, what do you know? True and tried methods do pay off:

Wordle 1.594 2/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

...
I expect a good possibility that dwarde will also get it in two today, if he uses his seed from yesterday.
 
Good grief how did I manage to do this. :H

Wordle 1,594 4/6

⬜🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Agree
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and sbrothy