Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Wordle 1,610 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (49).webp
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,610 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ AROSE remaining: 68 old, 55 new, 115 used
🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨 3,1,3
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛ 1,1,1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Welp

Wordle 1,611 6/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟩⬛🟨🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

27147.webp
 
Wordle 1,612 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ SIREN remaining: 78 old/100 new/167 used
🟩⬛🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
TensorCalculus said:
Welp

Wordle 1,611 6/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟩⬛🟨🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Phew. I always feel weirdly relieved and disappointed at the same time when that happens.
 
Wordle 1,613 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨 ARSON remaining: 13 old/11 new/35 used
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛ 2/0/4
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
TensorCalculus said:
Wordle 1,613 6/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟩🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Ouch. :sorry:

No picture this time huh? Was it that traumatic?! o0)
 
Wordle 1,614 4/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩 SATYR remaining: 12 old/10 new/14 used
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨 3/5/5
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩 1/4/4
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tough one today. I mostly lucked out. The global mean is 4.511.
 
Wordle 1,615 4/6

⬛🟨⬛🟨🟨 SANER remaining: 10 old/8 new/ 51 used
⬛🟨⬛🟨🟩 3/0/4
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Another tough one.
global mean: 4.567
 
Wordle 1,616 4/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛ ROAST remaining: 32 old/52 new/57 used
⬛🟨⬛🟩⬛ 3/0/3
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 1/0/1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
I find it slightly ironic that Wordle calls my performance “Great”. Somehow that’s not how it feels.

Wordle 1.616 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟨🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3E361A04-D3C5-4915-B3C5-7F84DA29DC30.webp
 
sbrothy said:
I find it slightly ironic that Wordle calls my performance “Great”. Somehow that’s not how it feels.

Wordle 1.616 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟨🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


I consider playing in 'Hard Mode' to be like shooting yourself in the foot and running a marathon.
The fact that you made it to the finish line, in my mind, classifies as 'Great'.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and edwardII
OmCheeto said:
I consider playing in 'Hard Mode' to be like shooting yourself in the foot and running a marathon.
The fact that you made it to the finish line, in my mind, classifies as 'Great'.
I realize that hard mode restricts me somewhat. As English isn’t my first language it also sometimes saves me from making stupid mistakes.

So there. :smile:

EDIT: Or now that I think about it it also might just be saving me from my own scatterbrain.
 
On the other hand I could dare you to play in hard mode and see how well you do? :smile:
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and edwardII
sbrothy said:
On the other hand I could dare you to play in hard mode and see how well you do? :smile:
I try not to shoot myself in the foot, so, no thank you.
I have thought about it though. Since I'm playing a completely different game than everyone else, playing in hard mode would require some extraordinary analysis, which I'm not sure I'm capable of.

For example, 7 of the 9 most difficult words ended in 'ER', indicating that one should never use a guess word that ends in 'ER', while in hard mode, as it nearly guarantees failure.

Perhaps if I survive to the point if and when Wordle starts over, I'll play it in hard mode, and see if it's possible.

But until then:

Wordle 1,617 4/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛ STEAL remaining: 42 old/22 new/82 used
🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨 6/3/15
⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛ 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩