Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 457K views
Wordle 629 2/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yes, I did utilize the aforementioned
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©​
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©​
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩​
pattern which yielded a reduced set of only 177 words to choose from. The reduced set also limited my choices for my second guess from 3 to 1. I also used a seed word determined by this short list rather than one of my standard set.

Had I played my random seed today with no hints I would have gotten it in 3.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
sbrothy said:
Wordle 629 3/6*

🟨🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Weeee! :P
Started with VEZIR just to be contrary. :)
 
fresh_42 said:
I like to check "h" and "y" at an early stage. A lack of "h" automatically rules out "ch","sh","gh","th","wh" and a "y" at the end is also useful. Hard words are those with double occurrences and those where changing one letter allows many solutions.

I too find the double letter ones, especially vowels, particularly difficult.
 
kuruman said:
Not all ##N## words are equally likely. My understanding is that words are not reused. When ##N## puzzles have been published, it's bye-bye Wordle. If you have kept track of the used words since day ##1##, on day ##N## the probability that you will get it right with one try will be ##1##. I have not kept track of the used words, but I loaded the two lists on Excel and wrote VBA code to do the searches and the bookkeeping.

They'll probably introduce Wordle+ (2.0) with 6 letters.

Separering the wheat from the chaff. :)
 
sbrothy said:
I too find the double letter ones, especially vowels, particularly difficult.

2 Es are quite common though. Almost always worth a try.
 
Wordle 630 5/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeh, I think I'm gonna abandon hardmode too. It's sometimes more annoying than challenging.
 
Wordle 632 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A lot of luck today. I had 8 choices after my second guess.
 
scottdave said:
Octordle is kind-of fun. Try the "Daily Rescue", where they start you off with some not-so-helpful hints.

https://octordle.com/daily-rescue

Gonna take me a little time to work the premise out. The help is not much.... well help. :)