Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,783 replies · 461K views
Physics news on Phys.org
kuruman said:
You mean this? Your post gave it away!
Wordle 602 2/6

🟦🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧
Really? I found a web page that lists some 5 letter anagrams and going through about 1/3 of their list I found two other sets of words that fit the pattern where no letters share positions:
bowel & elbow
later & alert

There were two more sets, but one of the words in each set had already been a Wordle solution:
trace & cater
glean & angel

Perhaps you are psychic.

Interestingly, the pair of words for Wordle 602 are not listed there. In their defense, they did say; "Some 5-letter anagrams include:"
 
OmCheeto said:
Perhaps you are psychic.
I am not that and have often asserted so (most recently here) in cases where an OP asks "What's wrong with my solution?" after posting just the answer to a problem without the work that led them to it. Your post clinched the solution to 602 but was not the only piece of information I used. My goal was not to cheat but to see if I can produce two lines of monochromatic squares.

OmCheeto said:
Interestingly, the pair of words for Wordle 602 are not listed there. In their defense, they did say; "Some 5-letter anagrams include:"
I suppose the only way to guarantee a complete list is to run all 65780 five-letter combinations through their algorithm and see what pops out.