Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,784 replies · 462K views
Darn.

Wordle 1,626 4/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (57).webp
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Good grief I picked the word I thought was least likely to be the answer just because that seems to be the trend lately.

Wordle 1,626 2/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,627 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› ARSON remaining: 51 old/ 46 new/ 147 used
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› 2/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 4.256
 
Wordle 1,628 3/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› SATYR remaining: 4 old/ 1 new/ 4 used
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 4.001
 
dwarde said:
Wordle 1,628 4/6

🟨🟩⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

See this is what I don't understand about non-hard mode. What did you accomplish with guess #3? Oh, as I write this I realize it probably made guess #4 a certainty.... nvm.
 
sbrothy said:
See this is what I don't understand about non-hard mode. What did you accomplish with guess #3? Oh, as I write this I realize it probably made guess #4 a certainty.... nvm.
I used the word crwth to eliminate letters and it gave me the answer.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and sbrothy
dwarde said:
I used the word crwth to eliminate letters and it gave me the answer.

OK. I understand that some might view hard mode as shooting yourself in the foot. Being a non native speaker I still think it helps me though. Although, I'm wavering on this...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and edwardII
Wordle 1,629 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ SANER remaining: 89/78/135
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› 3/2/4
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬› 1/0/0
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ha! I played in hard mode and got it in 2. Wordle is so random.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
sbrothy said:
OK. I understand that some might view hard mode as shooting yourself in the foot. Being a non native speaker I still think it helps me though. Although, I'm wavering on this...
If I were younger that would be a good excuse to play in hard mode. But I'm forgetting words every day. Yesterday I couldn't remember the name of the Orion constellation, while watching a video about what Betelgeuse will do the day it blows up. It was quite frustrating.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
Wordle 1,630 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› INLET remaining: 31 old/ 37 new/ 75 used
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› 2/2/3
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 4.025

I got it in 5, mock playing in hard mode. This may take a lot of research.
 
My words exactly. Or rather sentiment I guess. :woot:

Wordle 1,630 5/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (61).webp
 
Wordle 1,631 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› SLAIN remaining: 2 old/ 1 new/ 5 used
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨ 1/0/5
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 3.555

no comment.....
 
dwarde said:
Wordle 1,631 5/6

🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I take it you're not satisfied with that result. :P
 
sbrothy said:
I take it you're not satisfied with that result. :P
I'm guessing he's kicking himself for using my seed word rather than his usual seed word which would have left him only the solution word.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
OmCheeto said:
I'm guessing he's kicking himself for using my seed word rather than his usual seed word which would have left him only the solution word.
I'd rather not talk about it. :) :)
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,632 2/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© 1 old and 1 new remaining
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
Wordle 1,633 3/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© ENTRY remaining: 13 old/ 8 new/ 14 used
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› 1/0/1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

global mean: 4.351
 
Wordle 1,633 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot (65).webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and edwardII