1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Work done by force

1. Dec 3, 2015 #1
    1. The position x of a particle moving along x axis at time t is given by the eqn, t=(√x)+2.,where x is in m and t is in s. Find the work done by force in first 4 sec

2. W=F.s=mas

I first found out x using the given eqn nd then went blank as there was no force or mass given. But the ans is 0

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2015 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Please keep the formatting headers in place when you post a homework problem.

Can you supply the details about work you've done so far? (show your equations) There may be some answers to your stated issues hidden in plain sight :wink:

4. Dec 3, 2015 #3

cnh1995

Homework Helper

Here s is 'displacement' of the particle i.e. "change" in the value of 'x' in the equation. Does that ring any bells?

5. Dec 3, 2015 #4
    Great, got it. There ain't no displacement. Coz the initial as well as final position is 2. Thanx sir.

6. Dec 3, 2015 #5
    Thnx for clearing my stuff everyone. Hope to get ur support always

7. Dec 3, 2015 #6

cnh1995

Homework Helper

Its 4 actually..But its great you got the concept!:smile:
    I'm a student, probably of your age,20:smile:.

8. Dec 7, 2015 #7
    That was such a silly mistake. Well I m 2 years younger.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted