Work Done by Force in First 4 Secs: 0

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the work done by force on a particle moving along the x-axis using the equation t=(√x)+2. The concept of displacement is brought up and it is determined that there is no displacement in this scenario. The conversation ends with the realization that the initial and final position is both 2.
Bhumanyu Arun
1. The position x of a particle moving along x-axis at time t is given by the eqn, t=(√x)+2.,where x is in m and t is in s. Find the work done by force in first 4 sec2. W=F.s=mas

I first found out x using the given eqn nd then went blank as there was no force or mass given. But the ans is 0

Physics news on Phys.org
Please keep the formatting headers in place when you post a homework problem.

Can you supply the details about work you've done so far? (show your equations) There may be some answers to your stated issues hidden in plain sight :wink:

Likes Bhumanyu Arun
Bhumanyu Arun said:
2. W=F.s=mas
Here s is 'displacement' of the particle i.e. "change" in the value of 'x' in the equation. Does that ring any bells?

Likes Bhumanyu Arun
cnh1995 said:
Here s is 'displacement' of the particle i.e. "change" in the value of 'x' in the equation. Does that ring any bells?
Great, got it. There ain't no displacement. Coz the initial as well as final position is 2. Thanx sir.

Likes cnh1995
Thnx for clearing my stuff everyone. Hope to get ur support always

Bhumanyu Arun said:
Coz the initial as well as final position is 2.
Its 4 actually..But its great you got the concept!:smile:
Bhumanyu Arun said:
Thanx sir.
I'm a student, probably of your age,20:smile:.

That was such a silly mistake. Well I m 2 years younger.

What does "Work Done by Force in First 4 Secs: 0" mean?

This phrase refers to the amount of work that is done by a force in the first 4 seconds of an activity or process. In this case, the value is 0, meaning that no work is being done in that time frame.

How is work done by force calculated?

Work done by force is calculated by multiplying the magnitude of the force by the displacement in the direction of the force. This can be represented by the formula W = F * d.

Why is the value 0 for work done by force in the first 4 seconds?

The value of 0 indicates that no work is being done in the first 4 seconds. This could be due to various factors such as the absence of a force acting on the object or the object not moving in the direction of the force.

What units are used to measure work done by force?

Work done by force is measured in joules (J) in the International System of Units (SI). In some cases, the unit of newton-meter (N*m) is also used to measure work.

How is work related to force and displacement?

Work is directly proportional to both force and displacement. This means that as either the force or displacement increases, the amount of work done also increases.