Discover the World's Nicest Car Horn That Will Change Your Driving Experience!

• Thread starter jack action
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car
In summary, the conversation discusses a new idea that involves adding a button to cars to emit a sound when backing up, similar to the sound when locking a car. The idea is met with approval, but some suggest alternative, simpler methods such as using existing car features instead of additional technology.
jack action
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2023 Award
TL;DR Summary
A car horn for every need
I usually find new ideas being only useless gadgets. But this, I could go for it, so I'm promoting it.

source: https://www.facebook.com/MarkRoberYouTube/videos/1254798328186209/

Likes Ranger Mike, DaveE and Lnewqban
Engineering news on Phys.org
Nice, I was expecting some weird sound and not the proverbial chirp.

I wonder if drivers will feel that they ran over something or they backed into something.

Last edited:
Great idea! It does cost money to put a button in though; people would have to want it. Many modern cars can already make a similar sound, like when you lock your car, for instance.

It seems like an Arduino, PA, and speaker is overkill though. I bet I could do it with a 555 timer, a power transistor and the existing horn.

What is the "World's Nicest Car Horn"?

The "World's Nicest Car Horn" is a new car horn that has been designed to be more pleasant and less jarring than traditional car horns. It emits a softer, more musical sound that is less likely to startle or annoy other drivers.

How does the "World's Nicest Car Horn" work?

The "World's Nicest Car Horn" uses a combination of advanced sound engineering and technology to produce a more pleasant sound. It also has a directional speaker that can be aimed at specific areas, making it easier for other drivers and pedestrians to locate the source of the sound.

What are the benefits of using the "World's Nicest Car Horn"?

The primary benefit of using the "World's Nicest Car Horn" is that it can help reduce road rage and promote safer driving. It is also less likely to startle or upset other drivers, making for a more pleasant and peaceful driving experience.

Is the "World's Nicest Car Horn" legal to use?

Yes, the "World's Nicest Car Horn" has been approved by the Department of Transportation and is legal to use in all states. It meets all required sound level and safety regulations for car horns.

Where can I purchase the "World's Nicest Car Horn"?

The "World's Nicest Car Horn" is currently available for purchase online and in select automotive stores. It is also sold by some car manufacturers as an optional upgrade. Check the official website for a list of authorized retailers.