Isn't it chat time now? Anyone know why it isn't open? Is it simply

• Thread starter Jonathan Scott
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chat Time
In summary, it seems that there were some issues with the chat opening due to Greg's absence and potential technical difficulties. There was also some discussion about food and injuries, specifically Evo's spider bite. Despite some confusion and jokes about the disappearing smilies, it seems that chat was eventually opened and members were able to connect and chat with each other.
Jonathan Scott
Gold Member
Isn't it chat time now? Anyone know why it isn't open? Is it simply that Greg is the only person who can start it and he's not around today for some unknown reason?

Physics news on Phys.org

Jonathan Scott said:
Isn't it chat time now? Anyone know why it isn't open? Is it simply that Greg is the only person who can start it and he's not around today for some unknown reason?
Yes. No. Yes.

Thanks.

No chat throws off my whole week. :cry:

You could chat here though

Evo said:
No chat throws off my whole week. :cry:

I just did some math and came to the conclusion that you, Evo, are the best. There is even a proof for that.

Andre said:
You could chat here though

Hi Evo, Hi Andre.

Evo has left

Andre has left

Can you help with quantum phys problem?

wolram said:
Hi Evo, Hi Andre.

Evo has left

Andre has left

Can you help with quantum phys problem?

:rofl:

No homework in chat! Post it in the Homework section or Evo will ban you.

Andre has returned.

Andre: We have to find Greg

turbo-1 has entered Chat.

Evo has entered chat: Let's talk about food.

Evo:I wonder what happened to Greg.

Andre: Dinner here was Nasi Goreng. Indonesian Fried Rice

Andre: Greg where are you?

Welcome Lisa!

misgfool: The best is the enemy of good, which is the enemy of evil which is evo. -> evo is the best.

Newbee: Questions in the chat must not consume more than one brain cells worth of energy per member per minute. The question you are about to ask will exceed that limit. Please post your question in the homework area of the forum: https://www.physicsforums.com/ Thank you.

Interesting philosophy.

Evo How is the injury curing?

turbo-1 3:36: Dinner here will be American Chop Suey - very spicy with hot sausages and jalapeno peppers.

Hey Lisab!

Andre, that sounds great. The leg is bad, I'm going to the doctor in the morning.

turbo, that's made me hungry.

We need to go into chat. :mad:

Turbo, what if you'd run out of the hot spicy stuff?

What an unlucky person! After a long time I thought I could chat tonight!:frawn:

I cannot run out of hot stuff, Andre. It is a cornerstone of my cooking, and I'm hoarding the garlic-y chili relish I made this summer. I put up over 30 jars, including 2-3 quart jars, and I fear that it will run out before I can make more.

OmCheeto said:
Newbee: Questions in the chat must not consume more than one brain cells worth of energy per member per minute. The question you are about to ask will exceed that limit. Please post your question in the homework area of the forum: https://www.physicsforums.com/ Thank you.

Talkin' to me?

andre: Better go as soon as possible Evo.

Lisa! that's sad indeed.

What would happen to PF if Greg was committed to other things. Could Warren take over?

Greg's here!

Maybe he'll let us in.

Borek entered the chat

As long as Greg is not here he can't start the chat, but he also CAN'T FINISH IT! :devil:

Borek said:
As long as Greg is not here he can't start the chat, but he also CAN'T FINISH IT! :devil:
I wouldn't put any money on that. Forum administrators have god-like powers.

Andre 21:53 pm: But he was here. What's going on. Perhaps he is to Bora Bora

Evo has another injury?

wolram said:
Evo has another injury?
Yes, to my leg. A bad spider bite, perhaps. Not good, whatever it is.

I hope Greg is going to open chat. <hint, hint>

Evo said:
Yes, to my leg. A bad spider bite, perhaps. Not good, whatever it is.

I hope Greg is going to open chat. <hint, hint>

A curse on that spider, all it's offspring will have sixteen legs.

Evo, are you in some sort of "stealth" mode? You seem to be "offline" and not in the active list on the main page, yet you're shown as an active "Mentor" for this forum.

Greg seems to be the opposite; he's shown as online but proof of his continuing existence is somewhat tenuous at the moment.

Jonathan Scott said:
Evo, are you in some sort of "stealth" mode? You seem to be "offline" and not in the active list on the main page, yet you're shown as an active "Mentor" for this forum.

Evo's always in stealth mode. It's how she sneaks up on people!

Spiders can be pretty potent. I was bitten on the base of my middle finger (between that one and the index finger) while I was sleeping one night about 15 years ago, and my finger swelled up. The bite scarred and I still have two prominent red bumps there from the fang-marks. We don't have Brown Recluse spiders, but that guy sure packed a punch. My friend got bit while we were crawling around under his barn replacing sills and leveling the foundation. He never felt the bite, but by the second or third day, he had an angry black bruise on his back over a foot across.

Jonathan Scott said:

Greg seems to be the opposite; he's shown as online but proof of his continuing existence is somewhat tenuous at the moment.

Evo = Greg?:uhh: