Sharp Heart Pains, Am I Dying?

In summary, the individual is experiencing sharp chest pains and cold sensations, along with anxiety and difficulty sleeping. After consulting with a doctor and stopping weight training, these symptoms have continued for over a month. Additionally, there is now a weak feeling in the arms and swelling in the bottom of the right arm. It is suggested that the individual seeks further medical attention.
shankai
OK, recently I've been having weird sharp sensations in my chest, it started in the left side but now it happens in the right too, the doctor said it was because of my weight training and that i had to stop, so i stopped but its been over a month now and it's still carrying on, also sometimes i feel really weird cold dripping sensation inside of the left side of my chest this only happens once every couple of days but it is really scary, i did some research on the chest pains and i linked it to anxiety because i do think I am dying and i do think I am going crazy and i can't sleep which are also symptoms but now i started getting a really weird weak kind of feeling in my arms, and the bottom of my right arm has swelled up can all this be linked? please help me I'm 18 years old and honestly think I'm dying because lots of weird things like this^ has just suddenly started happening.

Biology news on Phys.org
shankai said:
OK, recently I've been having weird sharp sensations in my chest, it started in the left side but now it happens in the right too, the doctor said it was because of my weight training and that i had to stop, so i stopped but its been over a month now and it's still carrying on, also sometimes i feel really weird cold dripping sensation inside of the left side of my chest this only happens once every couple of days but it is really scary, i did some research on the chest pains and i linked it to anxiety because i do think I am dying and i do think I am going crazy and i can't sleep which are also symptoms but now i started getting a really weird weak kind of feeling in my arms, and the bottom of my right arm has swelled up can all this be linked? please help me I'm 18 years old and honestly think I'm dying because lots of weird things like this^ has just suddenly started happening.

You need to go back to the doctor for a follow-up visit. We cannot help you here (that's in the PF rules that you agreed to when you joined). Please go now...

Thread is closed.

1. What could be causing sharp heart pains?

Sharp heart pains can be caused by a variety of factors, such as a heart attack, angina, or aortic dissection. It is important to seek medical attention immediately if you experience sharp heart pains to determine the cause.

2. Are sharp heart pains always a sign of a serious condition?

No, sharp heart pains can also be caused by less serious conditions such as acid reflux or muscle strain. However, it is still important to get checked by a doctor to rule out any potential serious conditions.

3. How can I differentiate between sharp heart pains and other types of chest pain?

Sharp heart pains are typically described as a sudden, stabbing sensation in the chest. They may also be accompanied by shortness of breath, dizziness, or nausea. If you are unsure, it is always best to seek medical attention.

4. What should I do if I experience sharp heart pains?

If you experience sharp heart pains, it is important to seek immediate medical attention. Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. Do not ignore the pain or try to self-diagnose.

5. Can sharp heart pains be prevented?

In some cases, sharp heart pains can be prevented by making lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking, exercising regularly, and maintaining a healthy diet. However, it is important to consult with a doctor to determine the underlying cause of the pains and develop a personalized prevention plan.