Should I apply for Purdue University?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's interest in majoring in electrical engineering at college and their concerns about job opportunities and college prestige. The suggestion is made to research the curriculum, visit the college, and talk to current students for insight. The speaker also mentions the potential influence of the university on employability and suggests considering other good colleges. It is mentioned that Purdue is well-ranked and has good job opportunities, but the EA deadline has passed. The speaker encourages the listener to still apply if they are determined.
Nerd10
I want to major in electrical engineering at college but should I apply for Purdue University? If I graduate from that college, will I get a job without difficulty? I don't care about the prestige in college. I just want to receive a good education in electrical engineering and get a job after I graduate. And can you recommend me other good colleges that suit me?

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you check their curriculum? Call them,ask them questions,if you can afford it visit them in person, ask the students their opinion(pros and cons for each subject) to get an insight...do you like it? apply. Oh well, it might not be so easy to do. good luck.

The university you come from will probably not have much influence over your absolute employability; that has much more to do with your grades and connections. Talk to faculty and get some hard statistics about where people are getting employed after getting their degree there; chances are there are a handful of employers in the local area who specifically scoop up graduates from Purdue due to their interconnectedness. For instance, my university is in the top 40 for engineering (whatever rankings mean...) and many graduates get funneled into a handful of local employers, with the major influencing factors being their grades and internships.

Purdue is a big and well ranked school, so as long as you do well you'll be fine.

You're a a little late. The EA deadline has passed for Purdue, so there will be limited Engineering spots and you won't be considered for merit aid if you apply now. But if you want it bad enough, go for it.

Thanks.

1. Should I apply to Purdue University?

It ultimately depends on your academic goals and personal preferences. Purdue University is known for its strong programs in engineering, agriculture, and business, so if you are interested in these fields, it may be a good fit for you. Additionally, Purdue has a diverse student body and offers many opportunities for research and extracurricular activities.

2. What are the admission requirements for Purdue University?

The admission requirements vary depending on the program you are applying to, but generally, you will need to submit your high school transcripts, standardized test scores (SAT or ACT), letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. Some programs may also require additional materials such as portfolios or essays.

3. What is the application process like for Purdue University?

The application process for Purdue University is relatively straightforward. You will need to create an account on the Purdue admissions website and submit all the required materials by the deadline. After your application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the admissions committee and you will be notified of their decision.

4. What is the cost of attending Purdue University?

The cost of attending Purdue University varies depending on your program and residency status. However, for the 2020-2021 academic year, the estimated tuition and fees for in-state students is around $10,000 per semester, while out-of-state students can expect to pay around $29,000 per semester. It is important to note that these costs do not include room and board, books, or other personal expenses.

5. Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for Purdue University?

Yes, Purdue University offers a variety of scholarships and financial aid options for students. These include merit-based scholarships, need-based aid, and specialized scholarships for certain programs or demographics. It is important to research and apply for these opportunities as early as possible, as they can greatly offset the cost of attending Purdue University.