Try Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce - Hot Stuff!

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hot
In summary, turbo and his wife spent the day canning and pickling various types of peppers, including habaneros, jalapenos, lipstick chilis, and a variety of red peppers. They also made a flavorful pepper relish using peppers from their neighbor and Astronuc. Their neighbor is also a pepper enthusiast and turbo's wife brought some extra jars to the store owner, who loved it and may want to start selling it. They also made jalapeno poppers, which were a hit with everyone except for the hot-averse members of the family. They also started a batch of tomato and pepper salsa to be canned the next day.
Turbo, Don,

Watch this: How to grow the hottest chilli in the world part 4

The Chilli Factory, Morisset NSW, Australia.

He is experimenting with different growing methods and fertilizers in a process of elimination run off, smart, but time consuming.
He claims the temps inside the greenhouse can reach 40 Celsius which is 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
I have been led to believe that they won't produce peppers above 95 degrees Fahrenheit. See what you think.

Rhody...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I need a light for my ghost, it's dropped a blossom. :cry:

Evo said:
I need a light for my ghost, it's dropped a blossom. :cry:

A light will help, and if the temperature is not above say 75 degrees, you will get small peppers at best, if any at all. During the summer in the 80's my peppers were full sized, once it dropped they were small, about the size of a nickel or a quarter. As I mentioned before, a heat mat under the pot helps too, at least with new leaves sprouting.

Rhody...

rhody said:
A light will help, and if the temperature is not above say 75 degrees, you will get small peppers at best, if any at all. During the summer in the 80's my peppers were full sized, once it dropped they were small, about the size of a nickel or a quarter. As I mentioned before, a heat mat under the pot helps too, at least with new leaves sprouting.

Rhody...
It's below 65F in my bedroom, I like it cold. I need to set up an environment for my ghost

Turbo,

What do you think about this recipe ? http://soramelo.hubpages.com/hub/Hottest-Pepper-Recipes-with-Bhut-Jolokia-and-Trinidad-Scorpion-Chile-Peppers
Marinade Ingredients:

· 1 Teaspoon mixed white and brown mustard seed

· 1 Teaspoon ground cumin seed

· 1 Whole clove

· 1 Bhut Jolokia or Trinidad Scorpion peppers (or more)

Grind marinade ingredients with a pestle and mortar and put aside.

Paste Ingredients:

· 1 Large onion, chopped

· 3 to 4 Cloves fresh garlic (5 ½ teaspoons)

· 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger

· 1 Tablespoon lemon juice

· 2 Teaspoon paprika

· 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar

· 1 Tablespoon water

· Salt & pepper

Blend paste ingredients in food processor or blender until smooth and set aside.

Curry Ingredients:

· 2 Tablespoons oil

· 1 Onion, sliced thinly and cut into half rings

· 3 Chicken breasts, cubed

· 15-20 Curry leaves, or if unavailable fresh basil or Keffir lime leaves

· 2 Teaspoons cayenne pepper

· ½ Cup (125ml) cider vinegar

· Pinch of salt

· ½ Teaspoon sugar

Garnish Ingredients:

· Fresh coriander and halved chilies

Method:

· Cover chicken cubes well with marinade and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

· Heat oil and saute onion on medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.

· Add chicken and all of the marinade to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the chicken has slightly browned.

· Add paste, stir and cook for a few minutes.

· Sprinkle chicken with curry leaves and cayenne pepper. Stir and cover the pan, and cook for 5 minutes.

· Add cider vinegar and bring to a boil.

· Add salt and sugar.

· Simmer, covered, on a low heat for 25 minutes.

· Stir for a few minutes until vindaloo reaches the desired thickness.

· Garnish with fresh coriander and chillies.

Serve with rice or flatbread.

Recipe by David Tidmarsh of the UK's Project Spice: projectspice.co.uk

Rhody... :tongue2:

I spoke about peeling or trimming the second tier of leaves stalks from some of my ghost seedling to encourage the stalks to grow taller. The strategy seemed to work, but the structure of the plant was compromised somehow. Many of the leaves from the four plants I did this to are now a mottled green, light green, grey and white. See picture below. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here ? I am at a loss. My best guess is that somehow peeling the second layer of stalks off, has weakened or changed the structure of the plant somehow, and the leaves are reflecting the damage to the skin of the stalk. Weird, huh ?

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/917/speckledghosts.jpg

The next picture is innocent looking, isn't it ? What you are seeing is four very healthy trinidad scorpion peppers, and these things are absolutely EVIL. They don't look that different from the ghosts, but the leaves are wider and the veins in them more pronounced. When these babies produce peppers next summer, watch out. Every single video I have watched to date on consuming these is troubling to watch, some people who eat them have spent much time eating ghosts and are used to them, but this is in a whole different league. The people who eat them have all kinds of issues, hiccups, lots of saliva, tears, flushed cheeks and for that matter their entire head above their shoulders is affected.

My growing technique is I have a heat mat, a large plastic container with a tall lid that is clear and vented. I water twice daily, morning and evening, spritzing the roots till barely moist, and I fertilize with a weak miracle grow solution weekly. The temps in the green house are between 75 -79 F and humidity is kept at 90% of above. No aphids, fungus, or other maladies so far too, which I am pleased to report. I keep the blue frequency grow light about 5 inches from the top of the clear box top. This formula works folks. If the temps in the box could somehow be upped to mid 80's I would have even faster growth.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8822/trinidadscorpions.jpg Rhody... :confused: :devil:

rhody said:
If the temps in the box could somehow be upped to mid 80's I would have even faster growth.

Too bad Luna has taken up residence on your plant heating pads!

rhody said:
I spoke about peeling or trimming the second tier of leaves stalks from some of my ghost seedling to encourage the stalks to grow taller. The strategy seemed to work, but the structure of the plant was compromised somehow. Many of the leaves from the four plants I did this to are now a mottled green, light green, grey and white. See picture below. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here ? I am at a loss. My best guess is that somehow peeling the second layer of stalks off, has weakened or changed the structure of the plant somehow, and the leaves are reflecting the damage to the skin of the stalk. Weird, huh ?

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/917/speckledghosts.jpg
Those look awesome. So what exactly did you do? You didn't pinch out the growth, so I'm not clear what you mean by peeling or trimming.

The next picture is innocent looking, isn't it ? What you are seeing is four very healthy trinidad scorpion peppers, and these things are absolutely EVIL. They don't look that different from the ghosts, but the leaves are wider and the veins in them more pronounced. When these babies produce peppers next summer, watch out. Every single video I have watched to date on consuming these is troubling to watch, some people who eat them have spent much time eating ghosts and are used to them, but this is in a whole different league. The people who eat them have all kinds of issues, hiccups, lots of saliva, tears, flushed cheeks and for that matter their entire head above their shoulders is affected.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8822/trinidadscorpions.jpg
Those are beautiful.

rhody said:
Turbo,

What do you think about this recipe ? http://soramelo.hubpages.com/hub/Hottest-Pepper-Recipes-with-Bhut-Jolokia-and-Trinidad-Scorpion-Chile-PeppersRhody... :tongue2:
Just one pepper? My wife would say that the dish wasn't hot enough. I can guarantee it. The additional paste/seasonings are interesting, though. I like to grill, and I like to keep preparations fast and simple, but this might be fun to try.

(And if you think grill? I like to do all kinds of cooking on the grill - you can get wonderful variations in heat with wood/charcoal, etc, and when you preheat a pan on the hot side, it is hot!)

Last edited:
lisab said:
Too bad Luna has taken up residence on your plant heating pads!
Lisa,

Luna has no room now that the box sits on top of the heating pad. I guess a plant heat mat would be a good cat Christmas gift, no ? Flex, are you reading this, Pixel needs one too, and bad.

Evo said:
Those look awesome. So what exactly did you do? You didn't pinch out the growth, so I'm not clear what you mean by peeling or trimming.

Those are beautiful.
Evo,

Thanks. No, what I did was when the second layer of leaves sprouted from the stalk, I tried (unsuccessfully I might add) to pull them off, instead they peeled away like you would a celery stalk, exposing some of the flesh of the main stalk in the process. Do you note how the leaves kind of look like a monotone coleus ? I am convinced my rough removal of the second layer of leaves caused the leaves to look this way. I did this to four plants to observe the results and now am at a loss to explain it. I know that the color of the leaves is NOT normal.

Now, I have a new problem, soon, all my plants will be too big for my 7 inch high plastic plant box. I may put them in a 12 or 15 inch box, again with the heat mat underneath to keep the heat in and the grow light above. I don't want them to grow too fast, but am convinced they will not produce maximum flowers and decent sized peppers till the temperatures hit the mid 80's next summer.

I am also thinking of trying to graft these plants to a cut back mature bamboo stalks. I have no idea if the ghost plant will take to the bamboo or not. It may be a big failure, if not, I am pretty sure I will be the first person to succeed at it. I need to bone up on grafting techniques. I know that more than one type of apple type can be grafted onto another apple tree, but never cross species like this. OMG, what if I create some of the fastest growing hot peppers in the world ! I may go down in flames too, but I am prepared for that. I am a bit crazy, but I don't mind trying things no one has ever thought of before. Bamboo by nature is fast growing, and these peppers are very slow growing, so we will wait and see what happens.

Rhody... :redface:

Last edited:
Rhody. "Turbo's HOT STUFF" is the right place to post this IMO. I love these ghost peppers. I steamed my last ones with bells, onions, tomatoes, and broccoli. I can't wait until spring to get my seeds in the cold-frame.

Thanks Road Island man.

dlgoff said:
Rhody. "Turbo's HOT STUFF" is the right place to post this IMO. I love these ghost peppers. I steamed my last ones with bells, onions, tomatoes, and broccoli. I can't wait until spring to get my seeds in the cold-frame.

Thanks Road Island man.
I've got my seeds saved up! Got to see if I can get the greenhouse boys to start some for me.

I got a call yesterday from a pretty young lady that I got started in the garlic-growing business, and she wanted more garlic to plant. Unfortunately, my wife has started baking two loaves of herb bread every week, and she bakes a whole head of garlic to mix with the herbs for each loaf. I prefer the plain French provincial loaves, but she takes the herb loaves to a neighbor, and they are gone in a day or two. He slices them to make crusts for home-made pizzas...

turbo said:
I've got my seeds saved up! Got to see if I can get the greenhouse boys to start some for me.

I wish you the best of luck. Between you and rhody...inspiration. You guys...Yes.

dlgoff said:
I wish you the best of luck. Between you and rhody...inspiration. You guys...Yes.
Move up here, Don. You might have to re calibrate when walking/working on side-hills, but at least the torrential rains flow off pretty readily. I can get you started in growing garlic, and give you tips (worthless as they might be) for growing chilies when the gods are against you.

turbo said:
Move up here, Don. You might have to re calibrate when walking/working on side-hills, but at least the torrential rains flow off pretty readily. I can get you started in growing garlic, and give you tips (worthless as they might be) for growing chilies when the gods are against you.

Considering. But I'm trying to recover from the steaming process. Evidently this molecule doesn't break down at 100°C.

200px-Kapsaicyna.svg.png

Evo said:
AAAARGHHH! Will that throw them into shock?
Evo,

No, it didn't. Check the results about 2 weeks later. I have to get a clear plastic box because my starter plants are going to exceed my little greenhouse's space soon.

They need room to grow. I plan to put the heat mat inside and line it with aluminum foil, and if possible put the grow light inside as well. It will be funky, not pretty but the plants don't care. When I have it set up I will post pictures.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7510/ghostcutback.jpg

Rhody...

I transplanted all my peppers today, 4 scorpions, a bunch of ghosts, 3 chocolate ghosts, 4 tri color ornimental's, and some mixed, I don't even know what kind they are. The reason I put in the second picture is that is put them in two cups, the inside one has three holes in the bottom (drill) that allow watering from the bottom. I have a few tiny one's started from those white spongy thingies. The tall skinny plants on the far left and right are the tri color orimental's and I believe that's why the leaves are different, it is because of the 3 color peppers, the leaves are different too. Something funky I noticed when transplanting them, the roots of one ghost, snaked across the seed starter bin to the adjacent one and created a root ball, (a creeper) never seen that before and amazingly I had another one just with roots and no plant. I found that odd. I am going to start 4 more scorpions tomorrow. The goal is to get two batches going to produce 4 months apart, outside of the the normal August - October harvest time frame.

That way I will have peppers when no one else does, at least at northern latitudes in the northern hemisphere. I guess grafting research and experimentation is next. My pother three plants should produce peppers like last summer again this summer, I would say 150 + possibly 200+ from all three. I know the secret (if there is one) of hotness as well, thanks to Astro for the hint by stressing the plants (withholding water), but not killing them. Sort of revenge on them for stressing those who consumer them, eh ? Do you like my color coded labels, that way I can't mix them up, it will be interesting to see if the roots get more vigorous search for the damp soil at the bottom of the cups, after what I saw the roots do with the starter containers I suspect the roots will sense the water and go for it. I also have a heat mat (80% F) and aluminum foil under the cups and my normal grow light above.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9439/peppercollection.jpg

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/443/peppercollection1.jpg

Rhody... :wink:

rhody said:
Evo,

No, it didn't. Check the results about 2 weeks later. I have to get a clear plastic box because my starter plants are going to exceed my little greenhouse's space soon.

They need room to grow. I plan to put the heat mat inside and line it with aluminum foil, and if possible put the grow light inside as well. It will be funky, not pretty but the plants don't care. When I have it set up I will post pictures.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7510/ghostcutback.jpg

Rhody...
Wow, it's like when I used to watch Crockett's Victory Garden on PBS, Jim Crockett used to hack apart perfectly healthy plants cruely chopping the branches and roots to pieces. You'd be sure these poor plants would never make it, a few episodes later he'd bring tha plant out and it would be gigantic. They had to be stunt doubles, if I ever tried that, the plant would be compost material.

Evo said:
Wow, it's like when I used to watch Crockett's Victory Garden on PBS, Jim Crockett used to hack apart perfectly healthy plants cruely chopping the branches and roots to pieces. You'd be sure these poor plants would never make it, a few episodes later he'd bring tha plant out and it would be gigantic. They had to be stunt doubles, if I ever tried that, the plant would be compost material.
If there is a good root system, it would be hard to prune a plant badly enough to kill it. They WILL come back. Many plants will do pretty well.

I should mention that I am a huge fan of pruning apple trees and other fruit trees. Crop the hell out of those rascals, and watch what happens. It doesn't take more than a single growing season to get great results, usually. I aggressively pruned my peach tree and black cherry tree this year after getting some pretty robust fruiting (during a really crappy growing season) and hope to stimulate some decent fruiting for this year. I used a neighbor's book on fruit trees, and found out that peach trees should be pruned into an "open wineglass" shape to avoid mildew and rot. We'll see...

yFL-jEkWSV8[/youtube] Before you....com/watch?v=yFL-jEkWSV8"]cutting propagation.
I am willing to bet most of you have never heard of indoleacetic acid in plants. It is a plant hormone.
Plant hormones are not nutrients, but chemicals that in small amounts promote and influence the growth,[2] development, and differentiation of cells and tissues. The biosynthesis of plant hormones within plant tissues is often diffuse and not always localized.

and

Hormones are transported within the plant by utilizing four types of movements. For localized movement, cytoplasmic streaming within cells and slow diffusion of ions and molecules between cells are utilized. Vascular tissues are used to move hormones from one part of the plant to another; these include sieve tubes that move sugars from the leaves to the roots and flowers, and xylem that moves water and mineral solutes from the roots to the foliage.

This is a start into a thought process that will hopefully lead somehow to me being able to graft different species of hot peppers onto fast growing root stock made of bamboo. I believe my best chance at success as usual is to work from the bottom up and see what I can invent, exploit coerce or otherwise experiment into my desired outcome, a co-mingled happy as a clam plant species. Even if it results in miserable failure, the knowledge I acquire may pay off in untold ways in the future. Abscisic acid, Auxins, Cytokinins, Ethylene, and Gibberellins (plant hormones) are all my new friends. Time for us to get acquainted. Let the games begin.

Rhody... :cool:

ACK ! Aphids. My experience with a heat mat and two mature (trimmed back but regrowing new leaves) went horribly wrong. They are both overrun with these terrible little buggers. I took them outside, stripped all the leaves and spray the remaining branches and dirt with the soap solution that is "supposed" to kill them. I am pretty sure had I not heated the soil in the pots with the heat mat this would not have happened. I show the results to a local merchant who grows plants and he suggested a local college with expert gardener's and greenhouses, so I constructed and fired off an e-mail to them. I would like to visit sometime and take my mature plants there and see what else I can do to protect them. If you are growing these things indoors, look under the leaves and check for any signs of them. They drink the water from the leaves, damaging them in the process. I have removed the heat mat from the two affected plants. Live and learn I guess.

The same thing happened late last spring, again, I trimmed the leaves off, and the plant came back. I would like to be able to kill them all, even in the soil if possible. Watch this video, this is why the infestation is so rapid, asexual reproduction by the female every 20 minutes ! Hmm.. this variety clones itself. I really need expert advice to know what aphid species I have. I hope the folks at the college get back to me. If not I will persist until I find the right person or professor to address the issue.

Rhody...

rhody said:
yFL-jEkWSV8[/youtube] Before you....com/watch?v=yFL-jEkWSV8"]cutting propagation.
I am willing to bet most of you have never heard of indoleacetic acid in plants. It is a plant hormone.

This is a start into a thought process that will hopefully lead somehow to me being able to graft different species of hot peppers onto fast growing root stock made of bamboo. I believe my best chance at success as usual is to work from the bottom up and see what I can invent, exploit coerce or otherwise experiment into my desired outcome, a co-mingled happy as a clam plant species. Even if it results in miserable failure, the knowledge I acquire may pay off in untold ways in the future. Abscisic acid, Auxins, Cytokinins, Ethylene, and Gibberellins (plant hormones) are all my new friends. Time for us to get acquainted. Let the games begin.

Rhody... :cool:
I've always used rootone for my plant propagation. I will look for you Rhody, but I am almost 100% positive that you cannot graft a a pepper plant onto a grass, but I haven't been into grafting since I had my large greenhouse and was really into grafting and rooting. But have fun with it. I wish I had my greenhouse back. :frown:

http://www.gardening123.com/productinfo/rootone/benefits.asp

Last edited:
I found this article interesting. I like innovative ideas. Thought some of you hot pepper folks might be interested also.

http://www.vegetablegardener.com/item/11658/diy-heat-mat-speeds-seed-starting/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=eletter&utm_content=20111221-heat-mat&utm_campaign=vegetable-gardener-eletter

Ms Music said:
I found this article interesting. I like innovative ideas. Thought some of you hot pepper folks might be interested also.

http://www.vegetablegardener.com/item/11658/diy-heat-mat-speeds-seed-starting/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=eletter&utm_content=20111221-heat-mat&utm_campaign=vegetable-gardener-eletter
A more efficient way, IMO, would to be to purchase Bulk Heating Tape.

http://www.heatingtapes.com/BulkProduct.gif

I was pessimistic so I put all in one pot but it seems like all the seeds have sprouted! That makes me a bit concerned because space might be issue now.

Rhody suggested a heating pad but I ended up relying on my 40-60W table lamp.

Attachments

• ghost.jpg
    ghost.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 399
rootX said:
I was pessimistic so I put all in one pot but it seems like all the seeds have sprouted! That makes me a bit concerned because space might be issue now.

Rhody suggested a heating pad but I ended up relying on my 40-60W table lamp.
Way to go root... root... root... Now get a small spray bottle, and keep the light on them during the day, spray lightly in the morning and evening. Do not let them go without light watering for two days or more. THEY WILL DIE ! A heat mat is best too because the roots like 70F and above. Once they get a bit bigger, get some clear cups, 8 or 12 oz ones and drill some holes in the inner cup, put inside a good cup, and water about once weekly from the bottom. It takes patience and care to grow them to transplant in the late spring. Good luck. use good soil too, not cheap stuff, it has fungus, etc... and watch put for aphids, they can kill the young plants in less than a week. I am fighting them back now, and winning so far.

Rhody...

Ms Music said:

Interesting concept, Ms Music, however from your article:
DIY light heat mat
Surface temperature: 72-74
Soil temperature: 78-80
Bottom temperature: 105-110

The bottom temperature is too high for indoors. I would be concerned about melting the light tubes and starting a fire. I would consider something like this outdoors in cold weather in a non attached greenhouse structure to my house. Thanks for passing it on.

Rhody...

Here is a photo of three peppers, left to right, ghost pepper chocolate, trinidad scorpion (what a monster, leaves, and stalk), ghost pepper.
I am amazed at how large and vigorous the scorpion pepper is, aren't you ?

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1654/threepeppers.jpg

I gave a ghost pepper and a tri-color pepper about the same size as those in the picture to the owner of a store that sells grow lights, pots, hydroponic kits, fertilizer's etc.. He is going to see if he can accelerate the growth cycle by using hydroponics, and showed me a set up of 8 large pots all set up for hydro. You could grow small tree's in these things. He claims with large cuttings from a mature plant he can "clone" them quickly. He said if I bought a series of grow pots, piping, pumps, industrial grow light, and grow tent I could grow large plants the size of trees indoors without bugs or pests. Indoor greenhouse, he claims the electricity to run it would be less than fifty dollars a month. I could produce peppers year round this way.

He is waiting on the grow pot setup now, they just went into production. No one has them. He is going to try to get the ghost plant I gave him to grow large and tall and use it as a conversation piece for his shop. It won't hurt if I decide to launch a small business either. Using hydro to grow them is riskier than using dirt, the temp's and moisture levels must be tightly maintained, controlling pests is much easier because you don't have to worry about treating the dirt.

Rhody... :biggrin:

Even "good" soil can be a problem if not stored right at the store...even a small puncture in the bag can let in moisture, fungus and insects. You can try sterilizing the soil before using it, though I'm not sure what the best method is for small scale home growing. Maybe you can get sterilized soil from local greenhouse that has equipment to do it on a larger scale.

Moonbear said:
Even "good" soil can be a problem if not stored right at the store...even a small puncture in the bag can let in moisture, fungus and insects. You can try sterilizing the soil before using it, though I'm not sure what the best method is for small scale home growing. Maybe you can get sterilized soil from local greenhouse that has equipment to do it on a larger scale.
I'm not sure that you can get "clean" potting soil this way, anyway. Every greenhouse around here resorts to fungicides/herbicides, regardless of what they tell the public. It's a sad state of affairs.

I have a little mini-greenhouse, and the neighbor that built it for me has a small walk-in greenhouse. We can start most of the plants that we need to grow, but still it would be be nice to be able to grow more of our plants from seeds.

I always thought good soil is not sterile - it has its own microflora, which is one of its important features.

I remember seeing a documentary about terrains flooded in Poland in 2010. Some agronomist was explaining that after the flood soil microflora is changed, and it will take many years (around 15?) before it will be as good and productive as before the flood.

Borek said:
I always thought good soil is not sterile - it has its own microflora, which is one of its important features.

I remember seeing a documentary about terrains flooded in Poland in 2010. Some agronomist was explaining that after the flood soil microflora is changed, and it will take many years (around 15?) before it will be as good and productive as before the flood.
So does that mean that the production of whatever grows and sold to the open market in these areas should suffer as a result ? Has this been measured and reported ? I imagine there are a number of factors that contribute to it, weather, temperatures,m rainfall, etc, and that it is not easily measured.

Rhody...

Evo said:
You can buy sterile potting soil just about anywhere.

http://coopext.colostate.edu/4DMG/Soil/sterile.htm

Evo,

The plant supply shop owner says that all soil eventually when used over time gets infected with fungus and larvae of insects. I have read that if you use clear cups like I do, healthy roots are white, while roots that are stressed or have aphids in them are yellowish to brown. The have oils you can apply to the soil to kill most of them, you flush it. So far my roots look pretty good, but I will pay more attention as time goes on. It would seem logical to have large clear pots for mature plants as well, although I have never seen them sold anywhere.

Think about it, once a mature plant has soil that is infected somehow, and there is no physical way you can separate the plant from that soil, it is physically impossible. So you do the next best thing, you treat it as best you can without affecting the quality and safety of the peppers or whatever the plant is producing.

If anyone has a better, cheaper more efficient solution, I am all ears. Prevention from infestation is the best way to go, but, realistically I believe this is next to impossible. Agree, disagree ?

Rhody... :smile: