What after a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.

In summary, the speaker is currently completing their bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and has a job offer from a good company. They are interested in electric machines, control systems, and power electronics, and are unsure if they should pursue further education in engineering, such as a master's degree, immediately after completing their bachelor's or after gaining 2-5 years of work experience. They also ask for advice on the best type of job for a fresh graduate electrical engineer, wondering if a maintenance job or design engineer profile would be better for learning and growing quickly. They are seeking advice from experienced engineers in the industry.
darkxponent
I am going to complete my bachelors degree in EE in less than six months now. My areas of Interest are Electric Machines, Control Systems and Power Electronics. I am going to enter my final semester in December. I already have a job offer from a very good Company. They have asked me to join once a complete my degree. I want to see myself as very good Technical Person after 10 years from now.

What should i do now?
Do i need any further education in Engineering or Bachelors is more than enough? Should i go for a masters degree in EE right after my bachelors? or should i go for masters degree after 2-5 years of work experience? This is what most people have advised me to do as i have a job offer from a good organisation.

One more thing i want to ask is that what type of job is best for a Fresh Graduate Electrical Engineer to start with. Is Maintenance Job good for Electrical Engineer fresh Graduates. How is Design Engineer profile? I really want a job in which i can learn maximum and grow at fast rate.

I hope i will get good advice from Engineers who are working in industries for some time

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

1. What career options are available after earning a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering?

After earning a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, one can pursue a career in various industries such as power generation, telecommunications, electronics, and computer hardware. Some common job titles include electrical engineer, electronics engineer, telecommunications engineer, and computer engineer.

2. Can I work in a different field with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering?

Yes, a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering can also open up opportunities in other fields such as software engineering, renewable energy, and even management consulting. The technical and problem-solving skills gained in an electrical engineering degree can be applied in many different industries.

3. Should I pursue further education after completing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering?

It depends on your career goals and personal interests. While a Bachelor's degree can lead to entry-level positions in the industry, pursuing a Master's or Doctorate degree can open up more advanced and specialized roles. It can also provide opportunities for research and teaching positions.

4. What skills are important for success in the field of Electrical Engineering?

Some essential skills for success in the field of Electrical Engineering include strong mathematical and analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work with complex systems and codes. Good communication, teamwork, and project management skills are also crucial for success in this field.

5. Is it necessary to have a license or certification to work as an Electrical Engineer?

In most countries, it is mandatory to have a license to work as an Electrical Engineer. The requirements for obtaining a license may vary, but they typically involve completing an accredited degree program, gaining relevant work experience, and passing a licensing exam. Additionally, some specializations within the field of Electrical Engineering may require specific certifications.